• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the bottom line on Ebay "managed sales"?
1 1

68 posts in this topic

After selling some slabbed drek (not profitably) at no reserve auctions eBay transferred my balance into my bank.  Guess it happens automatically now.  Seems like usps label printing was streamlined a little as well.  Pretty seamless for me.  Will miss my Paypal balance though.

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

So far it's seemed like a pretty smooth transition for me.   The payments are being sent into my checking accounts in a timely manner.

Does eBay send you an email when they transfer funds to your bank account? I registered for managed payments a while ago but I don’t think I’m actually on it yet. 

14 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Does eBay send you an email when they transfer funds to your bank account? I registered for managed payments a while ago but I don’t think I’m actually on it yet. 

you need to sell something first :baiting:

You should know if you are on MP, due to being contacted about it a few times.  Typically speaking, eBay will notify you officially 2 weeks in advance, with a specific transition date.  Then again 2 days ahead of that date, and finally on that date.  Another sign is that nothing is going into your PayPal account. 

Further, you will see some changes to Seller Hub.  The first being if you are on Seller Hub now and weren't before.  And if you already had Seller Hub, you will see a change in the Seller Hub page Headers that now includes "Payments", like this:

image.thumb.png.cff0d84c9237079bb9e742eb8e3cfb6e.png

Finally, if you are used to receiving a pair of emails from eBay and PayPal when you sell something, you will only get the email from eBay.  Even if the buyer used PayPal, it goes to eBay's PayPal account, not yours.  Then it gets disbursed from eBay to you, down the line a bit (after fees).

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Yes.  I get an email each day Mon-Fri, provided there is money to transfer.  No transfers on the weekends. 

Also, on Sunday night, you might check to see what you have for pending funds (stuff sold recently).  You'd expect to see that amount transferred Monday, but it likely won't work that way.  SOME of it will transfer, and some will still be processing.  Something about how the payments are funded at time of purchase. 

Some come through quickly, others a bit of a lag.  I had an item sell on Friday the 14th, got sent by eBay on Tuesday the 18th, to my bank on the 19th.  But many other items sold on the 14th, and were sent by Ebay on Monday the 17th.  There is no particular pattern to the sales/cash flow, which makes exact planning a bit tough.

I had $1900 pending Sunday night.  Only $600 was initiated by eBay Monday.  But $1500 was initiated today, and I still have $600 pending, as more sales were made.  It's kind of a fluid thing, so you can only ballpark what to expect.  But you are able to click on each payment to see what it was comprised of.

Edited by Lightning55

12 hours ago, manetteska said:

I've been selling comics daily on ebay.  And I've been getting notices daily from ebay that money is going into my checking.

Edited by gadzukes