• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Golden Age Single Pages Would You Consider Getting?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi, Just wondering although I know many collectors would not consider getting any graded single pages but just for fun my question is:

From which Golden Age issues (or any era) would you consider aquiring a single page or wrap?

For me it would be:

Action 1, 2, or 7. Detective 27, 28, 29, 31. Batman 1. Superman 1. and Captain America 1. Maybe a few other 1st apps or #1's if the price was right. 

27 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi, Just wondering although I know many collectors would not consider getting any graded single pages but just for fun my question is:

From which Golden Age issues (or any era) would you consider aquiring a single page or wrap?

For me it would be:

Action 1, 2, or 7. Detective 27, 28, 29, 31. Batman 1. Superman 1. and Captain America 1. Maybe a few other 1st apps or #1's if the price was right. 

Cap 1 and Bat 1 pages are fun to collect, and still reasonably priced. Probably because there’s a lot of those books out there. A Tec 27 bat page or an action 1 Supe page are the toughest and, imo, the most desirable. 

as @Gotham Kid points out, there’s even a hierarchy within Tec 27 and Action 1, and he has identified the best Supe page

I would buy pages for any of those grails mentioned by others.  A1 with a superman page,  Tec27 w/ a batman page or Batman 1 w/ a joker page would be really cool. 

The one other book with a particular page I would love to own is in Action 12. It has a Detective 27 advertisement with a full picture of Batman that's pretty cool. 

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

This one was even more noteworthy

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/852626

Wow only from last December. Page quality is unreal. I guess the guy who bought the one in 2016 for 10K or less was feeling good when he saw that price even with the brittle.

5 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I would buy pages for any of those grails mentioned by others.  A1 with a superman page,  Tec27 w/ a batman page or Batman 1 w/ a joker page would be really cool. 

The one other book with a particular page I would love to own is in Action 12. It has a Detective 27 advertisement with a full picture of Batman that's pretty cool. 

From this thread . I suppose it was the 1st published art of The Batman. 

2113438405_Action12.thumb.jpg.6406ab464c29c7ef657a34f902398f2f.jpg