• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return Shipping Question - will my order get split?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

New to the CGC boards, I usually submit SS books though a local shop that is an approved witness or send in books at conventions (to save on shipping!!).

However with the world as it is I am thinking of sending in some raw books and previously graded books (SS and non SS) for press and grading.

With a mix of SS, raw and pre 1975 and modern as well as below $200 and below $1000 - will my order get split? If so is it just based on year or will pre 1975  SS and non SS get split? Trying to reduce my return shipping costs!!

thanks!

22 hours ago, blade1044 said:

Hello,

New to the CGC boards, I usually submit SS books though a local shop that is an approved witness or send in books at conventions (to save on shipping!!).

However with the world as it is I am thinking of sending in some raw books and previously graded books (SS and non SS) for press and grading.

With a mix of SS, raw and pre 1975 and modern as well as below $200 and below $1000 - will my order get split? If so is it just based on year or will pre 1975  SS and non SS get split? Trying to reduce my return shipping costs!!

thanks!

Your books will be shipped back based on the tier you chose. So let's say you submitted five comics in the Value tier, three comics in the Modern tier, and four comics in the Standard tier. Your books will come back in three separate shipments.

I hope this helps!

On 8/16/2020 at 7:51 PM, blade1044 said:

Hello,

thanks!

Depending on the number of books in each tier the difference in shipping prices can be pretty significant so make sure you price each of them out. I had a two book reholder order and I think FEDex was $15 but USPS was $30.

Typically FEDex and UPS are cheaper for smaller size shipments than USPS but they only insure up to $100. These days UPS and FEDex seem too be faster than USPS as well.

I was looking for this exact, almost, question. To further expand on it rather than starting a new thread...what about books in the same tier being graded and finished at the same time, but shipped in 2 different boxes? I had 3 books all graded Modern, finished at the same time, shipped at the same time, but put in 2 boxes (one held 2 of the books of the same title/issue and the other was a single book different title). Looks like I paid shipping twice (once for each package as it were.) Is there a way to "combine" shipping as it were that anyone knows of? I'm getting ready to send out 4 more books for grading and would like to avoid being charged return shipping for each of the 4 (4 different titles, one being possibly a green label due to a non-cgc observed signature from years ago at SDCC).  Thanks.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:22 AM, Lirion said:

I was looking for this exact, almost, question. To further expand on it rather than starting a new thread...what about books in the same tier being graded and finished at the same time, but shipped in 2 different boxes? I had 3 books all graded Modern, finished at the same time, shipped at the same time, but put in 2 boxes (one held 2 of the books of the same title/issue and the other was a single book different title). Looks like I paid shipping twice (once for each package as it were.) Is there a way to "combine" shipping as it were that anyone knows of? I'm getting ready to send out 4 more books for grading and would like to avoid being charged return shipping for each of the 4 (4 different titles, one being possibly a green label due to a non-cgc observed signature from years ago at SDCC).  Thanks.

Each invoice will be processed separately.  But it also seems like a huge wall of text specific to your situation, so you may be better off contacting Cgc directly and asking and seeing if you have options.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, Upgrayd said:

The 3 looks went in exactly the same, no CCS or Fast Track,  pre/post 1975?

Correct. All in the same order, all modern, no signatures or anything else wonky. I have 1 book still with CGC to be graded that hasn't shipped from that order, but that one is a pre-1975 which explains why it wasn't graded yet, nor shipped.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:33 PM, Lirion said:

Correct. All in the same order, all modern, no signatures or anything else wonky. I have 1 book still with CGC to be graded that hasn't shipped from that order, but that one is a pre-1975 which explains why it wasn't graded yet, nor shipped.

My first thought ... "What isn't he telling us?"