• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Artist, Terrible Art: Would You Buy?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

I guarantee it’s his. He brags about the different styles he’s able to do. Someone probably said could you do an animated Batman series sketch and he said....

“For $600 I’ll draw anything you want.”

I think he would do tattoos at his table if the price was right. 

Edited by Blastaar

14 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

I guarantee it’s his. He brags about the different styles he’s able to do. Someone probably said could you do an animated Batman series sketch and he said....

I think I saw someone with a Mario Brother licensing piece that was his.  It totally matched the video game look. My first thought was why would you pay Neal Adam's rates to have him draw a different stye? If I'm paying Neal Adams, I want the Neal Adams look!

Malvin

2 hours ago, Will_K said:

I can imagine Adams drawing in an "animated" style.  But that example is not it.  The way the blacks are filled in aren't even "Adams" looking.

I once went to a show where someone asked him to sign a sneaker. He said he would sign anything for $20; but it is hard to imagine he meant that literally.

6 hours ago, Blastaar said:

I was gonna say this, too, minus the guarantee. For something like this, I would imagine someone had the goofy bright (dull) idea to ask him to sketch Batman VS Clayface in the vein of The Animated Series. Still, this looks BAD.

Regarding drawing or signing anything for the $$$, some artists are like that. We'd like to think every artist, especially the greats, hold their work to a certain standard, but some simply...don't. It may seem to some like they're selling out or whatever, but really, it's just a job. They have talent, and they use it to make a living. I have a friend that's an author (not in comics, though he's also a comic fan) who has very strong opinions regarding his work. He wants to write well, cares about his books, and writes fiction that he enjoys and hopes others will as well. But he says he'll write whatever, including unplanned and uninspired sequels, and would be fine with butchered conversions to film or whatever, so long as he gets paid. He cares, but not to the point where his stuff is sacred. And that's just simply him using his talents to make a living is all.

Edited by BuraddoRun
word change