• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X2
1 1

13 posts in this topic

hmm, books like this can be tough - at least for me

1st impression is a nice looking book, but you've got that spine split up top, plus discoloration over the X-Men logo, and that tanning or dust shadow on the back edge

So how much do those defects affect it?   The O/S guide first mentions a split at 6.0, then there's that logo issue and back cover tanning - is that just the back cover or is anything extending thru the pages?  Due to those 3 defects I'd guess, and I stress guess, at 5.5

I think you overgraded the book from the beginning based on the rip at the top and the heavy tanning on the back but it presents beautifully.

I don't think you legally owe him anything after a year but I would probably send him another $50 because the  grade was so far off.

29 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I think you overgraded the book from the beginning based on the rip at the top and the heavy tanning on the back but it presents beautifully.

I don't think you legally owe him anything after a year but I would probably send him another $50 because the  grade was so far off.

Was hoping you’d make your comments here:

put this book in the pgm section to get other boardies opinion on grade....and I’m not sending another $50 but appreciate your feedback all the same

Edited by c_mkv

45 minutes ago, c_mkv said:

Was hoping you’d make your comments here:

put this book in the pgm section to get other boardies opinion on grade....and I’m not sending another $50 but appreciate your feedback all the same

So my understanding is that he bought it for $400 - a $100 kickback you made = $300 net?  And 15 months later, the issue is still open for debate? Tell him to send it back to you, in the slab or out of the slab if he prefers, send him the $300 he paid for it when it's back in your hands list it on ebay however he sends it back, raw or in the slab, it'll sell for more than the $300 you refunded, end of complaints and a profit for good measure. Problem solved and you're the one ahead of the game. 

10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

So my understanding is that he bought it for $400 - a $100 kickback you made = $300 net?  And 15 months later, the issue is still open for debate? Tell him to send it back to you, in the slab or out of the slab if he prefers, send him the $300 he paid for it when it's back in your hands list it on ebay however he sends it back, raw or in the slab, it'll sell for more than the $300 you refunded, end of complaints and a profit for good measure. Problem solved and you're the one ahead of the game. 

Just want to point out the $100 kickback occurred after 12 months....And GPA on a 3.5 means he should get his money back 

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Sorry, hadn’t seen this thread

No worries...I am curious as to how you arrived at the $50 refund after a year...especially if you hadn't seen my other thread? I was trying to keep them separate so as not to influence anyone's opinion of the grade