• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refund - 15 months later???
1 1

71 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Yes, it does!  Do you have a grader's note?   PGM community and CGC graders have different perspectives.

Sorry no notes. But if anyone is interested in an Xmen 2 3.5 COW for $350 I can get you in touch with the owner

1 minute ago, c_mkv said:

Sorry no notes. But if anyone is interested in an Xmen 2 3.5 COW for $350 I can get you in touch with the owner

Nah, I am good.  I don't know why he contacted you after one year of the sale. He should had contacted you immediately that he would had disagreed with your grade but why he held up for one year.  He should have take it for granted.

I bought an X-Men 164 9.8 for $300 around the time Cap'n Marvel came out

Thoroughly disgusted with the current financial state of the book and I'm wondering now if I should call the seller and ask him for $150 just to balance out the FMV of the book.

Actually when Facebook went IPO and dropped $30 a share in a matter of months,buyers sued.

Nowadays people are talking about buying stocks in books, who we gonna call when FMV of books go ghost? Surely not these guys

CB_ghostbusters_cast_jef_140226_4x3t_992.jpg

Oh I probably should mention I bought this as a “VF” copy and at $400 I took a loss. I’d sold a bunch of other books and this was one of the last ones I cleared out. didn’t think having it graded would’ve netted much more so I sold it raw, as is.

Next time 1) I’d get it graded and 2) will specify a return policy and 3) no more rebates after 12 months

28 minutes ago, c_mkv said:

Oh I probably should mention I bought this as a “VF” copy and at $400 I took a loss. I’d sold a bunch of other books and this was one of the last ones I cleared out. didn’t think having it graded would’ve netted much more so I sold it raw, as is.

Next time 1) I’d get it graded and 2) will specify a return policy and 3) no more rebates after 12 months

4) Charge a premium for a warranty :roflmao:

No company on earth offers returns after 90 days or 30 days I'm not sure, let alone 1 year...when did he submit the book for grading or get it back from CGC?

Regardless of answer still not enough to sway me, you are very generous

Edited by Hollywood1892

13 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

No company on earth offers returns after 90 days or 30 days I'm not sure, let alone 1 year...when did he submit the book for grading or get it back from CGC?

I agree with all said, I just wanted to add a fun fact about Heritage , they don't have limits on returns, if there is a legitimate claim. I think they know that a lot of people sit on their inventory (sometimes it is left there as well for quite some time). I was able to return something over a year later after a serious issue was discovered as I was preparing to send some books to cgc.

8 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I agree with all said, I just wanted to add a fun fact about Heritage , they don't have limits on returns, if there is a legitimate claim. I think they know that a lot of people sit on their inventory (sometimes it is left there as well for quite some time). I was able to return something over a year later after a serious issue was discovered as I was preparing to send some books to cgc.

That's the thing...you saw damage on a raw book prior to submission and requested a return on an unchanged book which is totally different then this situation

...to me it sounds like the buyer submitted a book and didn't get the grade he wanted or expected and feels some how cheated or slighted and now wants his/her money back, which is different then your issue- I imagine Heritage didn't mention this issue prior to your purchase either

The seller is not employed by CGC, so he should not be held accountable by CGCs grade

Edited by Hollywood1892

8 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's the thing...you saw damage on a raw book prior to submission and requested a return on an unchanged book which is totally different then this situation

...to me it sounds like the buyer submitted a book and didn't get the grade he wanted or expected and feels some how cheated or slighted and now wants his/her money back, which is different then your issue- I imagine Heritage didn't mention this issue prior to your purchase either

The seller is not employed by CGC, so he should not be held accountable by CGCs grade

No they did not mention it. It was a golden age book that seemed tinkered with, where the pages were out of order, and a possibly married cover (since the cover looked waaay better than the inside of the book). Still not sure what to make of that book, but I didn't want to take a chance and they were fine with it. 

And you're right, it is a different situation, hence why I didn't want to detract from the conversation. It's just that some people were saying as a blanket statement that no one gives returns past a year and that's not entirely true. 

Thirteen years ago, I sold a MOC Star Wars figure for around $300.  Based on threads like this, I am praying that the bubble has yellowed and the buyer finds me to ask for a refund because the asking price for that piece is now between $1500 to $2000.  

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Thirteen years ago, I sold a MOC Star Wars figure for around $300.  Based on threads like this, I am praying that the bubble has yellowed and the buyer finds me to ask for a refund because the asking price for that piece is now between $1500 to $2000.  

I was just gonna write to you about that. The bubble on my Phantom Menace Jar Jar did indeed yellow, 300$ back would be cool.

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I was just gonna write to you about that. The bubble on my Phantom Menace Jar Jar did indeed yellow, 300$ back would be cool.

Vintage 1985 POTF Obi Wan Kenobi... the ones with the coin.  I came across the pics on my old computer yesterday... Thing would have been an AFA 85 minimum.  I think it had a shot at a 90.

Edited by Buzzetta

23 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

4) Charge a premium for a warranty :roflmao:

Regardless of answer still not enough to sway me, you are very generous

Sam’s Club, American Eagle, Nordstrom, and Costco to name a few have unlimited length warranty basically lifetime for many items.   LL Bean, IKEA, bed bath and beyond, Zappos, are some companies with 1 year return policy.  

6 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

Sam’s Club, American Eagle, Nordstrom, and Costco to name a few have unlimited length warranty basically lifetime for many items.   LL Bean, IKEA, bed bath and beyond, Zappos, are some companies with 1 year return policy.  

Most of those companies you mentioned have :censored: products, it's no doubt they have a return policy like they do, their products break down. It's not the same as buying a comic book and then disagreeing with a third part's opinion of the condition

If you bought an item from IKEA and your buddy came over and in a drunken stupor broke it, should you be able to return it? I mean it's third party interference it makes total sense