• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old art? New art? What you read (present), read (past), or simply like?
2 2

21 posts in this topic

I don’t buy a lot of comics anymore, focusing more on my original art collection. I’m super focused on a few Timely GA titles, and bizarre, hard-to-find comics that strike my fancy (like Mr A by Ditko). I tend to save up my comic want lists for conventions (mostly SDCC). It’s not a result of any perceived lessening of comic quality on my part, just a by-product of a big collection that my wife would appreciate staying merely massive, and not a sprawling hoarder nightmare.

Nostalgia is definitely a main focus for all my older art pages (up to the late 90s-2000), but for newer art I am primarily focusing on characters I like. That way, I’m getting art I love, and then I go get the associated comics. It helps me stay somewhat current, and keeps my collection fresh (to me). I also tend to go one new artist at a time until I get a few pieces I really like. Currently, I’m on Nick Bradshaw (Wolverine and the Thing). 

Great question!