• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129
3 3

15 posts in this topic

This one is a keeper from a recent collection I purchased. Looks really nice except for the marker “12” on the cover. Local shop back in the day had a habit of doing this. If you were lucky they’d put the store stamp but it was huge and they usually stamped the middle of the book. If you were kinda lucky you’d get one like this, marker price in the corner. Most though would have multiple stamps and marker right in the middle...ugh. Locally when we see such books one sighs and says “oh bleeping Bookland”

Anyways, I know where I put it but wondering where the majority thinks it falls. Thanks everyone!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I must say, initially I was extremely harsh on this. I thought for sure the marker would really kill this book and had thought 5.0 would be generous. However, the consensus seems to think Fine would definitely be achievable if not higher. Either way, I am elated to have found it. It was a book I had thought I would have to settle for the Marvel Tales reprint just to complete my run from 100-400. I doubt I will get it slabbed but ya never know. I read it the other day and it was great, love this stretch of ASM from 119-150 or so I find my favourite in terms of stories and covers. Thanks all for the input here!

4 hours ago, Pantodude said:

7.0 after clean/press?   There is a cool full date stamp on the back.   But it’s curious—4.5 years after the book came out!   Curious indeed.  

You aren’t wrong lol. The guy I bought the collection from said he purchased all his comics from a local store that was notorious for writing on the covers as sbown, stamping books and apparently date stamping incorrectly lol. There are lots of books in this collection with stamps placed like this...I will have to see if their dates are off too.

Edited by comicginger1789