• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would a pound for pound AC 1 have sold by now ? ( condition and price )
1 1

25 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Put me in the "no" category.  The future is too iffy right now.  Only just yesterday the world was hoarding toilet paper (hey mods, leave me alone;  this is NOT political)

I thought the image boom was in the early 90s.

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The highest offer so far on the Tec 27 is 600K (Metro site)

That’s low.  Where do you put FMV ?  750- 800 plus doesn’t seem unreasonable to me 

Edited by Chicago Boy

19 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

That’s low.  Where do you put FMV ?  750- 800 plus doesn’t seem unreasonable to me 

Given that this book hit 732k over 2-years ago one would imagine the seller wants 800-900

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=748653

Edited by Northwest

2 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

I put the market value as what the market will pay.  

Good point. When markets don't clear (i.e. no sale or auction), it can be challenging to infer the highest willingness to pay. 

Edited by Northwest

Worth keeping in mind that only 11 books (publicly known) have sold for more than $900K.  And that was NOT to 11 different buyers, some buyers bought more than one of those 11 books.  And some of those buyers are out of the market (such purchasing on hold or dead), and at least for one of those books the buyers may regret the purchase (although I would not).  So its a thin pool.

11 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Worth keeping in mind that only 11 books (publicly known) have sold for more than $900K.  And that was NOT to 11 different buyers, some buyers bought more than one of those 11 books.  And some of those buyers are out of the market (such purchasing on hold or dead), and at least for one of those books the buyers may regret the purchase (although I would not).  So its a thin pool.

There's just so many questions, but I will limit it to:

Which book purchase is regretted, if I may ask . . .

14 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Anyone have a list of the buyers and the books mentioned above ? 

9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

AS8 9.4

I know this book was recently discussed in another thread, but I must have misunderstood.  I thought that the 2 brothers that bought this book would have paid less than $900k for it.  @sfcityduck   said there were 11 books that sold for more than $900k.  Are the Wonder Woman books that recently failed to meet reserve part of the 11 book pool?

Sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake here 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost