• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price?

9 posts in this topic

When you say price, are you looking to buy one, or to find out what you might get if you sold one?  Either way, condition is all-important.  A high-grade copy that's nearly flawless on very close inspection would sell as a collectible.  A lesser copy with handling wear would be likely to sell only for its value as reading material.

If you are looking to buy a copy, I recommend looking on eBay or at a large retailer with a good reputation such as MyComicShop.com. I see copies available on eBay for $15.  Just search "Bart simpson's pal milhouse" in collectibles->comics.

If you want to sell yours, searching eBay sold items will give you an idea what they sell for at retail.  I see that one copy sold recently for $1.04 plus shipping, and others have sold for about $15.  That tells me that somebody who needs to buy a copy immediately is likely to pay $15 for it, but somebody who's willing to wait for a less expensive one can get it for much less.  If you sold yours on eBay, it's unlikely you'd get more than $15, and highly likely you'd get a lot less than that.

Edited by SOTIcollector
Clarified "sold" items, not just completed items on eBay.

2 hours ago, BigImp said:

To those of us who aren't all about the money, those Simpsons one-shots are awesome. I wore the Duffman mask at Halloween

He considers anything not in his wheelhouse to be dreck. His early posts were pretty much crapping on what other people collected.