• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #325
2 2

10 posts in this topic

A bit underwhelming after noticing #2 and mostly more vintage books being posted recently, but just wondering what people thought of my recent $5 (CAD) box grab to continue filling my McFarlane collection ;)  Does anyone else think the Spidey's head looks a bit too 'long' in this drawing?  Just odd shadowing I guess, but I always thought he appeared to have a slight 'conehead' here. lol  And I thought I'd remembered this being in FAR better condition than the #320 I posted yesterday, but it's actually not much prettier.

And I was just thinking, do Marvel even allow artists to portray smoking in their current books?  I know smoking has become incredibly rare in movies, and reserved for period pieces, or sometimes the 'bad' guy is allowed to smoke :)

ASM325_cvover.JPG

ASM325_back.JPG

Edited by StreetPreacher

Thanks guys, I figured those spine ticks would have dropped the grade even more!  Guess I need to read up more on exactly which defects and how numerous/severe they need to be to actually affect the final grade.  I can definitely live with a 7.5 on this issue though, so that's another off the list!  Next up will hopefully be the Chameleon and Lizard covers.  And I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but I've been noticing that the composition is actually very similar on ASM #308, 313 & 316?  Not that I'm complaining, they all portray great kinetic poses! 

Edited by StreetPreacher

8 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Thanks guys, I figured those spine ticks would have dropped the grade even more!  Guess I need to read up more on exactly which defects and how numerous/severe they need to be to actually affect the final grade.  I can definitely live with a 7.5 on this issue though, so that's another off the list!  Next up will hopefully be the Chameleon and Lizard covers.  And I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but I've been noticing that the composition is actually very similar on ASM #308, 313 & 316?  Not that I'm complaining, they all portray great kinetic poses! 

7.0-8.0 range for these books is a great way to start to complete a run. You're best deals/value are in this range in raw.

Trade-up over time when you get more comfortable with grading.

"A bit underwhelming after noticing #2 and mostly more vintage books being posted recently, but just wondering what people thought of my recent $5 (CAD) box grab to continue filling my McFarlane collection ;)  Does anyone else think the Spidey's head looks a bit too 'long' in this drawing?  Just odd shadowing I guess, but I always thought he appeared to have a slight 'conehead' here. lol  And I thought I'd remembered this being in FAR better condition than the #320 I posted yesterday, but it's actually not much prettier."

McFarlane is an acquired taste and his style can be very polar with collectors. Proportions can definitely appear to be secondary to style. Especially to seasoned Spider-man collectors that are entrenched solely in the school of Romita and Kane.