• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help verifying a graded slab is legitimate - Young Avengers #1 Wizard World Philly Exclusive
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.  I'm new to the comic book graded world.  Someone offered me a good deal on Young Avengers #1  CGC 9.5 Red Label Wizard World VIP.  It's #194/285 from the Philly offering.  How can I confirm its real other than looking up the Certification number? Hera are some images.  Any help identifying its real would be a huge help.  Thanks. 20200902_092225.thumb.jpg.315e4f4e02dd73fda1b53b87abfb525f.jpg

20200902_092213.jpg

You think it's fake, as in someone took the comic, crafted a case and label at home, sealed the comic inside the fake case, and is passing it off as an authentic Wizard 9.5? That seems...unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

You think it's fake, as in someone took the comic, crafted a case and label at home, sealed the comic inside the fake case, and is passing it off as an authentic Wizard 9.5? That seems...unlikely. 

And made all those details match the certification record?

There is no credible reason to believe there are "fake CGC slabs" of any sort. But if there were, they wouldn't be fakes of the peculiar Wizard 9.5 experiment books.