• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a Feedback Snob? Meaning you won’t leave Feedback.
4 4

47 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
22 hours ago, Grandmaster B said:

Agreed, but overall a positive only feedback thread is of limited utility, as others have said. Not to mention the fact that there are some prolific sellers that are crappy people and I wouldn't buy from them at all. Others do because you know, Cool Books.

I can’t keep track of all these name changes....

Who are you?:baiting:

Stu

rantrantWhen I sold items/comics on eBay (I closed my account after 20 years), I would always leave feedback because of the whole 'reputation' level thing.  I strove to get 500 positive feedback remarks to feel established as a seller, then I just gave up.  People in general are just lazy and they just want their stuff.  I like to see feedback so that I know how I'm doing on a customer service aspect.  I stopped caring about feedback after that, but I kept my customer service high because that's how I operate.  I would also include a hand-written card with my seller's logo on it as well, with every item I sold (almost).  I prefer this method because I believe it shows my buyers how much their business is appreciated. :)

Now that I sell my comics through CGC threads, I still send a personalized card with the item, but I haven't left feedback in someone's Kudo's thread for purchasing something.  In my opinion, leaving feedback for a buyer isn't necessary (unless they are a delta bravo in regards to lack of payment) because it's the seller who's providing a service and needs to do so as best they can.  Because of lessons learned on eBay, I don't expect or require feedback, but I do appreciate it.  Every buyer still gets a personalized card no matter what (unless I run out).

These are personal opinions only, so I'll get off my soapbox now.  Great customer service is just another way of treating people properly, without regard to how you yourself are treated.  Leave feedback, or don't.  It just depends on how you feel about it, and whether you think it's advantageous.  Peace!!! (thumbsu :foryou: :headbang: (worship)

Edited by Galen130