• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CLOSING THIS AFTERNOON! Three-Act Herd Cull in Two Acts - Act Four: The Final Round! Plus Flash Sales in Thread!
3 3

173 posts in this topic

:news: I have decided to pay tribute to the great boardie known as @jbpez by blatantly ripping off his famous Flash Sale technique throughout the course of this thread....

Relaaaaax.....you know the quote....."Imitation is the sincerest of flattery." -- Fast Willie Shakespeare, 1973 Fitzgerald Publications, Gus Lemoyne

:roflmao:

A word about these bronze Captain Marvels...they came from the large collection I bought back in the spring, and I had set these aside because I had never read them. These, among other bronze Marvels in that batch, were in a box that apparently had gotten wet once in the past, as several books had flaking and other damage at the lower left corner and a rusty lower staple. Please look at the lower left corner on each of these. That said, the books were clearly pretty sharp other than this, as the rest of each book presents nicely. So most will be graded in the VG range but present pretty nicely other than whatever lower left corner/staple damage drags them down. It varies from book to book; some escaped better than others. 

23 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Showcase #82-84 a very early sword and sorcery saga, Nightmaster by Denny O'Neil and Berni Wrightson, with Joe Kubert covers. I just read this for the first time, never had it before. While it has some early '70s elements, the sword and sorcery tale, a classic picaresque rescue quest through fantastic lands, holds up well. 

All books in that apparent FN range, though only 83 and 84 are actual as, alas, the cover is detached at the lower staple on #82, so I cannot call it more than a VG, albeit a well-presenting one. Take the set for $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Double ^^ as HOM #205 grey tone cover and Showcase #82-84 (Wrightson and Joe Kubert sitting there all day -- what is wrong with you people?!?!?) Thank you Michael! :headbang:

About as good as a cover artist can get!   Throw a little Cardy and Heath in there...  

Just now, ChasingKingKirby said:

About as good as a cover artist can get!   Throw a little Cardy and Heath in there...  

Agreed! There was a nice Heath HOM cover but Echu grabbed that last night. As to Cardy, he's coming later in this thread....

As is Jay Scott Pike....Kirby himself too.....

On 9/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, Readcomix said:

Captain Midnight #5 Fair/Good cf detached. Lower left piece missing, some chipping/flaking but readable with care. Comps tough; a cgc 7.5 sold on eBay for $385. A coverless is on there for a $75 ask. Let's do $60

image.jpeg

FLASH SALE! $50 :whatthe:

Edited by Readcomix