• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Apperance of Son of Satan?

18 posts in this topic

I was noticing that Son of Satan appears in the last panel of Ghost Rider #2. This is consider his first apperance (according to overstreet price guide) and Marvel Spotlight #12 the second apperance of the character. Fair enough but now I'm confused. Wouldn't this make Incredible Hulk 180 and NOT 181 Wolverine's first apperance? So when is a single panel an apperance and a first apperance? confused.gif

This usually gets worked out IF the comic ever really breaks out and people actually CRACK OPEN the book and read it. Crazy, I know.

If Son of Satan ever hit the bigtime, I'd imagine MS 12 being listed as his first full appearance.

This usually gets worked out IF the comic ever really breaks out and people actually CRACK OPEN the book and read it. Crazy, I know.

If Son of Satan ever hit the bigtime, I'd imagine MS 12 being listed as his first full appearance.

Right. The 1-panel type first would be something like First Appearance (brief) or Debut Appearance or similar (ulk 180). This is contratsed to First Full Appearance (Hulk 181).

"Cameo" may also be suggested instead of "Debut", but cameo is technically used for a known character with a brief appearance. By definition, you cannot have a "first appearance" that is also a "cameo".

"Cameo" may also be suggested instead of "Debut", but cameo is technically used for a known character with a brief appearance. By definition, you cannot have a "first appearance" that is also a "cameo".

That's the "Arnold Excuse" which holds no water, since he's using a "movie definition" to describe a term that it OWN MEANING in the comic's world. Which, ironically, IS listed as an actual definition of "Situation, when a character briefly appears in one or two panels.", which is totally apart from the coin, gemstone, pendant, movie, etc. meanings.

Everyone in the biz knows what a comic book cameo means, and to switch it because the guy who does OS is a movie buff is beyond stupid.

When I hear someone had a "cameo" in a movie, I don't look for their face on a pendant. But I guess jewelry experts should take Ahnold to task. insane.gif

Right. The 1-panel type first would be something like First Appearance (brief) or Debut Appearance or similar (ulk 180). This is contratsed to First Full Appearance (Hulk 181).

I hate it how Overstreet (and other price guides too - I'm not just picking on them) are soooo inconsistent with matters like this (Ghost Rider 2/Marvel Spotlight 12, Hulk 180/181, X-men 54-56, Uncanny 282/3, etc.) . I really wish they would come up with new definitions for occurences such as this.

The Son of Satan was THE Marvel Universe's biggest misogynist and was always beating the femmes down or otherwise making them grovel at his knees... and the ladies just LOVED it.

948941-sos.jpg

I know... I'm not too sure my wife's gonna like that page...

CGC lists Ghost Rider #2 as:

"First full appearance of Daimon Hellstorm, Son of Satan Cameo"

And Marvel Spotlight #12 as:

"Origin of Son of Satan" (continued from Ghost Rider #2)

So where the heII is the First Full Appearance of Son of the Satan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC lists Ghost Rider #2 as:

"First full appearance of Daimon Hellstorm, Son of Satan Cameo"

And Marvel Spotlight #12 as:

"Origin of Son of Satan" (continued from Ghost Rider #2)

So where the heII is the First Full Appearance of Son of the Satan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Exactly what i was thinking...

I was noticing that Son of Satan appears in the last panel of Ghost Rider #2. This is consider his first apperance (according to overstreet price guide) and Marvel Spotlight #12 the second apperance of the character. Fair enough but now I'm confused. Wouldn't this make Incredible Hulk 180 and NOT 181 Wolverine's first apperance? So when is a single panel an apperance and a first apperance? confused.gif

Hulk 180 IS the first appearance of Wolverine. What makes 181 worth so much more is the fact that Wolvey appears much more in the book, whereas 180 is only a cameo.

I just picked up the new Essential Ghostrider- Have you guys seen the Son of Satan appearance in Ghost Rider #2 (not the Damien Hellstorm app, but the actual SOS app)? Its quite minimal - he's only in the shadows and you don't really see any of the costume. I was kinda surprised if this is counted as SOS's first appearance.