• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drummy's Key Party

78 posts in this topic

Very Nice!!!!

Great eye appeal (which is what really matters). thumbsup2.gif

OK, repeat after me. Great Eye Appeal, Great Eye Appeal, wait, what's the label say, STOP IT....... OK, calm again, Great Eye Appeal, Great Eye Appeal.

Oh, but those little CGC demon voices are so hard to ignore. insane.gif

Thanks, Steve and JC. Glad you like it!

I also thought this one had great eye appeal. It had all the traits I'm looking for - nice color, perfect centering, no writing, looks better than the grade given.

Next up I hope to find a TOS #39! We'll see...

Have a great Halloween --

Dan

VERY sweet JIM #83............. acclaim.gif

it does have great eye appeal. Good Luck with the TOS 39........... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dan, i'm curious - what's the minimum grade you'd take on any of the keys you're looking for?? (or is it just a matter of great front cover eye appeal and grade be Danged?!?!?!?!)

Hi Harry -

My requirements are essentially:

Unrestored (or as good a check as I can get) and unpressed (ditto)

No front cover writing (I made an exception for Stan Lee's signature on FF #13, of course)

Excellent centering

off-white to white or white pages

CGC grade of 4.5 to 9.4, although grade is dependent on pricing. For example, I'd probably look for an AF 15 in 4.5 or 5.0, but an Avengers #57 in 9.4.

Strong eye appeal, i.e. good color and gloss

That's it! How am I doin'?

Dan

CGC grade of 4.5 to 9.4, although grade is dependent on pricing. For example, I'd probably look for an AF 15 in 4.5 or 5.0, but an Avengers #57 in 9.4.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm going to go in that direction myself, or I'll never have all the keys (FF #1, AF #15 and Hulk #1 in CGC 8.0 would still set me back well over $50K).

Makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm going to go in that direction myself, or I'll never have all the keys (FF #1, AF #15 and Hulk #1 in CGC 8.0 would still set me back well over $50K).

well Steve you know where to come when you've made up your mind. (assuming no-resto, Original-Owner, mid-grade+, well-centered, no-writing, high-gloss books are what you're looking for).

assuming i can ever part with those particular keys................ devil.gif

well Steve you know where to come when you've made up your mind. (assuming no-resto, Original-Owner, mid-grade+, well-centered, no-writing, high-gloss books are what you're looking for).

assuming i can ever part with those particular keys................

PM when is time to part with those babies!!!

assuming i can ever part with those particular keys................

PM when is time to part with those babies!!!

Get in line Steve, Harry has been promising to part with his FF # 5 7.5 for a good year now...I'm still waiting Harry mad.gifsmile.gif

I wonder how many of us have been bugging Harry about his Marvel keys... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

I'd love to own a Burntboy original myself, and I've told Harry that! That said, I plod on toward my goal and hope to upgrade via Sid's Luncheonette some day...

Good luck in your quests, everyone!

Dan