• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in!! PGM Incredible Hulk 340
2 2

16 posts in this topic

20200905_205727.thumb.jpg.5c36d69b7475d361ae13f6ef47e9fb67.jpg20200905_205612.thumb.jpg.453a31ee1808d3d23dc6f375872fa722.jpgThanks in advance for any feedback on this. I think I'm probably gonna press and slab this. It's been sitting in my collection in my basement and I think it would look nicely mounted somewhere. Outside of a tick on the back and a small one on the front I think it shows very well. Sorry for the glare on a the pictures. I am still trying to learn the best way to take photos for grading. 

20200905_205923.jpg

20200905_205734.jpg

20200905_205720.jpg

20200905_205716.jpg

20200905_205711.jpg

20200905_205657.jpg

20200905_205649.jpg

20200905_205626.jpg

20200905_205620.jpg

Edited by wheelz86
Grade is in

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

The corners look blunted. Slight spine roll maybe? And a few spine tics 

I'll say 8.0 as is with a chance to improve to a 9.0 after a press. 

I may not know what I am looking for but a think the corners are pretty sharp. I think the blunting effect may be from shadows from my photographs. As for the spine roll you are probably right about that. Definitely pressing before grading. 

Thank you for the feedback. 

Edited by wheelz86

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

Man... i need to up my grades for any book that get's submitted for a C&P...congrats!

I've got before and after videos for this whole submission.  If anyone is interested,  I'll post the link of the reveal if allowed. 

If this is frowned upon please let me know and I will take it down.

Here are videos of 8 books that I took before I sent them to be cleaned, pressed, and graded and a video after I got them back to see I how accurately I graded them. 

Before:

One late addition:

Grade reveals:

They are long as a tried to take my time going over the books but it was good practice for me and I got to use some of the practice I had from lurking around here and seeing how others grade. 

Thanks for your time. 

21 hours ago, wheelz86 said:

If this is frowned upon please let me know and I will take it down.

Here are videos of 8 books that I took before I sent them to be cleaned, pressed, and graded and a video after I got them back to see I how accurately I graded them. 

Before:

One late addition:

Grade reveals:

They are long as a tried to take my time going over the books but it was good practice for me and I got to use some of the practice I had from lurking around here and seeing how others grade. 

Thanks for your time. 

Cool videos and always work on your grading however you can.  It is fun to review and see which you hit and which you miss.

Nice books btw. :)

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Cool videos and always work on your grading however you can.  It is fun to review and see which you hit and which you miss.

Nice books btw. :)

Appreciate it. This group has helped a lot. I have a bunch of books from when I was a teen but got out of the hobby for a couple of decades. When I got back in, I had missed a lot including grading and pressing. Still a novice by far but learning is fun.