• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade - Silver age Detective Comic 359 (again) (1st Batgirl)
3 3

18 posts in this topic

This book has been offered to me.

I've been trying to find it at a 5.0 or 5 5 and am being offered this one at a fair price. The seller claims 5.0 which seems about right to me, but I am very new to self grading. The pages are off white to white.

Pics are from eBay so not the clearest. The seller is reputable.

What say the board? Should I bite?

Oh and thanks... A bunch!

Screenshot_20200909-134628.png

Screenshot_20200909-134649.png

Screenshot_20200909-134709.png

Screenshot_20200909-134716.png

Screenshot_20200909-134933.png

Screenshot_20200909-134940.png

Edited by babsrocks31
Clarity

19 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

Thanks everyone, although the seller is solid with grading, they are unwilling to negotiate a partial refund if it comes back lower than 5.0, so I am going to pass on the book. 

I understand the seller. Once it's in the customer's hands, it's impossible to know what they do and who to blame if it does indeed end up lower than 5.0. I don't know of anyone who would guarantee a CGC grade who is not CGC.

29 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Hey, what's the link to e-bay, I might be interested since you are not going for it.

I don't have an exact link. It's by Anthony'scomicart though. They are asking $700. I was able to contact them and negotiate a lower rate though.

31 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I understand the seller. Once it's in the customer's hands, it's impossible to know what they do and who to blame if it does indeed end up lower than 5.0. I don't know of anyone who would guarantee a CGC grade who is not CGC.

I do too, it's mostly that the price is simply not worth the risk. I have seen two 5.5,s of this book sell recently. One, graded sold for $650 and one raw sold for $625.

Those were sales of 5.5 books. I understand their perspective, it's just tough for me to pay that price for a 5.0 that could come back even lower, especially when I'm going to pay for the grading too.

18 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

I do too, it's mostly that the price is simply not worth the risk. I have seen two 5.5,s of this book sell recently. One, graded sold for $650 and one raw sold for $625.

Those were sales of 5.5 books. I understand their perspective, it's just tough for me to pay that price for a 5.0 that could come back even lower, especially when I'm going to pay for the grading too.

I totally understand that. And yeah that price is rough. I too am in the market for that book but at a slightly lower budget (for a lesser grade). With raws selling for as much (or more) than graded, I will pick up a graded copy. 

14 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I totally understand that. And yeah that price is rough. I too am in the market for that book but at a slightly lower budget (for a lesser grade). With raws selling for as much (or more) than graded, I will pick up a graded copy. 

I'll keep an eye out for ya too