• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholdering after signing

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

First time posting on here, after the announcement of the new in house signing yesterday I'm thinking of submitting a bunch of books to get signed. A couple of them are in slabs as that's how I bought them and was wondering if anyone knew if those slabs would be replaced with the newer versions once I submit it for signing? I've read that if they're submitted for signing with a prior grade, the grade wont be affected as well?

Thanks for the help in advance!

On 9/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, Anthony89 said:

Hi everyone!

First time posting on here, after the announcement of the new in house signing yesterday I'm thinking of submitting a bunch of books to get signed. A couple of them are in slabs as that's how I bought them and was wondering if anyone knew if those slabs would be replaced with the newer versions once I submit it for signing? I've read that if they're submitted for signing with a prior grade, the grade wont be affected as well?

Resubmit with a press and grade, because the sig could put an indent into the cover. I submitted a 9.8 Uncanny Xmen 266 with a press and grade and got the same grade back

7 minutes ago, Jimmy11 said:
26 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Resubmit with a press and grade, because the sig could put an indent into the cover. 

Are they signing in ballpoint pen now? :smile: I have a few of those from some old-school creators 🖊

they generally don't (even less likely at a cgc in-house event) but it might happen.  I've got a few too.  The most recent one was from about 5 years ago.  

On 9/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, Anthony89 said:

Hi everyone!

That is wrong. They will be regraded with new eyes.

If they were overgraded in the first place, your grade will be lower

If the person grading is harsher than the person who graded initially, your grade will be lower

If anything happens to your copy once removed from the slab (like someone drops it, or creases a corner) your grade will be lower

There have been countless times that people have been pissed for not getting the same grade back that CGC now writes a warning in big red bold letters about it in their online submission

If you 100% cannot have your book come back in a lower grade, DONT SEND IT.

6 minutes ago, Anthony89 said:

Thank you all for your replies :) I really appreciate the help! 

in the possible event that the answers seem to contradict, there's no harm in contacting CGC customer service directly to get the official answer.