• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my unrealistic vision of the future.

17 posts in this topic

Where's my damn jet pack????893censored-thumb.gif

It's only been 40+ years. wink.gif

Some were built in the 60's (used in Goldfinger & Thunderball). There's only one functional jet pack left and the guy who owns it has retired from using it. He used to show it off at sporting events. I saw them use it in a Discovery channel show. Very cool!

Bell Jetpack

Wow, Blackhawk those pictures are great. For some reason I find stuff like that facinating; I guess that's why I love history so much. I wonder, are there collectors that deal in selling old advertisment posters like that? Are any of the originals worth anything?

Wow, Blackhawk those pictures are great. For some reason I find stuff like that facinating; I guess that's why I love history so much. I wonder, are there collectors that deal in selling old advertisment posters like that? Are any of the originals worth anything?

Yes there are collectors that deal in this. I'm a collector of this kind of stuff and believe it or not most of artwork are from ads out of old magazines from the 40s - 60s. The site link in my sig line is a great site where most of these pictures come from. The guy that runs the site is the Editor of the Washington Post and he offers some of them as high quality prints. Visit his site. I can bet you will spend a great deal of time there. Please let me know what you think of the site.

Yes there are collectors that deal in this. I'm a collector of this kind of stuff and believe it or not most of artwork are from ads out of old magazines from the 40s - 60s. The site link in my sig line is a great site where most of these pictures come from. The guy that runs the site is the Editor of the Washington Post and he offers some of them as high quality prints. Visit his site. I can bet you will spend a great deal of time there. Please let me know what you think of the site.

They look great. I put one as my wallpaper. I had actually looked for that type of art before but couldn't find any. How much do some originals go for?

They look great. I put one as my wallpaper. I had actually looked for that type of art before but couldn't find any. How much do some originals go for?

The artist for that you see here is Jo Kotula, he has passed away. He is mostly known for his work in aviation art. Here is a link that will show you some of his aviation artwork. I don't know where you would find any of his other work.Jo Kotula

This is some really cool stuff. Its kind of funny to see how off they are, but I guess

if you went from horses as a primary source of transportation to commerical airliners and flying in a space in 50-60 years, this would seem like a perfectly plausable vision of the future.