• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superman comic strip

11 posts in this topic

It sold for about 95 K in the mid 90's. If u want it now it will cost you north of 200K.

Do you have the bags of money ?

money.jpg

Also,..there is another panel you do not have the image for. It is separate from the other two and is of Metropolis getting destroyed.

wow that is alot of coin.

you mean this image! 921388-0.gif921388-0.gif

YUP....THAT IMAGE !!!

Actually,...200K isnt really alot of "coin" if you think about it,..and my estimate is pretty low,..considering it sold for 95K in 1994,...and how original art has,, gone through the roof since than. A very strong argument could be made that it is now worth SEVERAL multiples of the 95K (OA has gone up almost 20% annualy for the past 18 years).

As to intrinsic worth,......THESE ARE THE ONLY SURVIVING PANELS OF ORIGINAL ART FROM ACTION # 1,....ACTION # 1......# 11111111111111 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering some people think the Mile High Comic is worth $2 Million to $5 Million,....I'd say this piece of OA should be valued if not the same as the MH Action # 1.....than it should be valued GREATER than MH Action #1.

If it came to auction would I bid over 200K ,...YOU BETCHA !!!

At some point in the future,..Im willing to bet, apples to oranges, that the arbitrarge opportunity will become apparent,.....AND THE VALUE OF THESE EXISTING PANELS OF OA WILL TAKE OFF !!!!!

Ya gotta remember,...the original artists themselves created the art,...it is the very first panels of Superman as we know him,....EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KK

It sold for about 95 K in the mid 90's. If u want it now it will cost you north of 200K.

Do you have the bags of money ?

money.jpg

We all know that you do.

Shocked-Monopoly-Man-t.jpg

Yes that is the art piece i refer to and kk info is correct.There is also a panel of him running that is not there.

This is the earliest published artwork of superman that exsists.There is even earlier UNPUBLISHED artwork of the Superman concept before he developed into what we know of as superman from 1938 to today

There is even earlier UNPUBLISHED artwork of the Superman concept before he developed into what we know of as superman from 1938 to today

From http://theages.superman.ws/History/Version0.php

reign.jpg

Superman is the brainchild of writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster. "Joe and I were high school classmates in Cleveland," Siegel recalls. "Like me, he was a science fiction fan; we published a fanzine called Science Fiction, with Joe as art director and myself as editor." In the January 1933 issue, Siegel's The Reign of the Superman, illustrated by Shuster, saw print. In this tale, the "Superman" becomes a villain after being granted super-powers by a mad scientist who is very much like the later arch-villain, Lex Luthor.