• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fall clean up thread: new books 9/25
3 3

71 posts in this topic

Captain Steve Savage 8 (1st series), 1953 Avon. Another 3.0, but this one looks better a first glance with good color and gloss. Small split at the top, and another tiny chip in the spine, plus edge wear and aging. Maybe you could go 3.5...maybe.

$15  **NOW $11

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Crime And Punishment 26, 1950. Spine roll, corner chip, some surface wear. Several of the pages have been creased at some point, and don't want to lay flat when not in the bag. Could be fixed. 3.0 as it sits to me, but fix the roll and I think it's better. 

$12  **NOW $10  **SOLD!

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I wasn't online much at all, and now I am going to try and get through the rest of my books pulled for this. It'll take me a couple days, and I will likely post in small batches.

No action at all thus far, so let's do 10% off on any book posted before this. **SLASHING PRICES THROUGHOUT. Thanks again for looking.

Edited by elibowman

Humdinger 4, 1946 Novelty Press. I have this one at a 6.0 (was graded there when I bought it, too). Great color, some pulling at the staples, nice pages. Back cover has more wear than the front. Staples all attached, though not as firm as I would like on the cover...not loose, per se. But less than tight.

$50  **NOW $44

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Incredible Hulk 169. This one is probably 5.5. It looks much nicer (more like an 8.0) until you get to the bottom right corner of the front cover where there is a crunch, and then distributer overspray on the back of that same corner. 

$5  **NOW $4

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Living Bilble 2 and 3. Both are low grade, and both feature LB Cole covers. I never did track down a copy of #3 (only three issue run). #1 is pretty low grade with the cover detached (presumably) and reattached with tape. I cannot tell how much of it is split, but could be a significant portion. It's a decently done tape job, and is not overt until you are looking for it. Otherwise has good color and reasonable low on other wear. I would say 1.0 because of the spine, but looks nicer.

#2 is technically better due to the spine, but may not present as nicely. This one has also been taped, but I don't think it was detached to begin with. Let's call it 2.0 but know that the tape runs the length of the spine.

$18 each or $30 for both  **NOW $15 FOR EITHER, $27 FOR BOTH

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Pep Comics 82, 1950. This one is about a 5.0. It looks really nice overall with great colors. There is a faint NCB crease running up the right edge of the cover, stain near the 10c and some faint staining to the back cover bottom edge, and some pulling at the staples.

$80  **SOLD VIA PM

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Rocky Lane Western 1, 1949, Fawcett. Nice solid book, well attached, and light wear. Corner piece missing top right, and another chip bottom edge. There is a small spine split (0.25" or less). Really nice back cover. I think it's 4.5, but looks nicer. It's the corner piece and the small spine split holding it back.

$30  **NOW $26  **No longer for sale

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tomb Of Terror 9, 1953 Harvey. Great cover by Elias. Writing on front cover, but looks pretty solid overall. Spine wear. However, large piece missing from the back cover. 3.0Q or 3.5Q or something less than 2.0 due to the piece missing. 

$100  **NOW $90  **No longer for sale

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman