• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fall clean up thread: new books 9/25
3 3

71 posts in this topic

Weird Horrors 9, 1952, St. John. Spine split top that doesn't get to the staple, split bottom that goes to the top of the bottom staple, other general wear. Cover still attached. Kubert cover. Maybe a 2.0. Seems that nice overall to me, but I know the cumulative spine split might push that downward. 

$40  **No longer for sale

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Wilbur 3, 1944, MLJ. This one is faded a bit, has a corner missing (along with other chipping), a tear at the top in "Featuring", and I would consider the cover detached. It's certainly detached at the bottom, and the top might be attached, but if so, it will likely detach if a butterfly flaps its wings outside. Let's go with 1.8.

$35  **NOW $30!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Wilbur 29, 1950. This one is much nicer. I have it at 5.0. Firmly attached, and nice colors and pages. There is a faint stamp on the front cover (personal stamp?). Not much big to call out aside from a nice figure. 

$33  **SOLD VIA PM

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I think I am going to call it quits here. If this thread springs to life, I might find something else worth listing, but this is the G/S/B stack that needs to go. I am happy to post more pics on request, and am always interested in hearing offers (especially on multiple books). Thanks for looking.

4 hours ago, elibowman said:

Pep Comics 82, 1950. This one is about a 5.0. It looks really nice overall with great colors. There is a faint NCB crease running up the right edge of the cover, stain near the 10c and some faint staining to the back cover bottom edge, and some pulling at the staples.

$80

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 hours ago, elibowman said:

Wilbur 29, 1950. This one is much nicer. I have it at 5.0. Firmly attached, and nice colors and pages. There is a faint stamp on the front cover (personal stamp?). Not much big to call out aside from a nice figure. 

$33

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit: per PM

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:27 PM, elibowman said:

Captain Steve Savage 2 (this is the 1st series), 1951 Avon. This one is a bit better at 3.0. Cover attached, but pulling. There is normal general wear, but nice and presentable, and certainly readable. 

$20  **NOW $15

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take per pm

All Star Comics 69, 1st Earth 2 Huntress. This one has a weird bindery defect. All pages there and well attached, but the sides before the CF stick out a bit. Thus, the sides after the fold are a bit recessed. Looks like spine roll, but it's not. The staples aren't really well placed either (see back pic to understand what I mean). Otherwise, maybe a 6.5 (not sure how to ding it for the bindery stuff). Some light spine stress, and a bit of edge wear along the bottom (not serious), and a NCB bend across the top right under "Presents The Legendary". You can see this last one in the glare of the last pic.

$20

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:49 PM, elibowman said:

Crime And Punishment 26, 1950. Spine roll, corner chip, some surface wear. Several of the pages have been creased at some point, and don't want to lay flat when not in the bag. Could be fixed. 3.0 as it sits to me, but fix the roll and I think it's better. 

$12  **NOW $10

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take per pm

Last book (I think). Moon Knight 1. This one is 7.5 with spine stress being the issue. Good news is that very little (if any) is color breaking. Press it higher. The last pic shows the type of spine stress this book has in several places. 

$28  **SOLD!

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

3 minutes ago, elibowman said:

Last book (I think). Moon Knight 1. This one is 7.5 with spine stress being the issue. Good news is that very little (if any) is color breaking. Press it higher. The last pic shows the type of spine stress this book has in several places. 

$28

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit: