• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What ever happened to the Value of TMNT Books?

50 posts in this topic

I'm trying to sell some TMNT books (1st series) and appears that not to many people are into them....I thought these were sought after?....the movies hurt the comics that much?

Scarce issues (1 especially, 2-4 somewhat, gobbledygook 1&2) are doing just fine. #1 has sold for over $1K on eBay raw. Overproduced issues are cheap - too much supply.

Sleepers are #50-62 with the return of the original creative team and lower print runs.

Hell, I'm selling 3 and 4 on Ebay right now (1st print and haven't even got so much as a email from any buyers.....I had some super low Buy it now prices on them just to move them out....

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=diablo508&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

Hell, I'm selling 3 and 4 on Ebay right now (1st print and haven't even got so much as a email from any buyers.....

You misspelled "ninja" as "ninga" in both auction titles...I bet these books aren't even showing up on most collectors' searches as a result!

What condition are these books in anyway?

Gene

I have a TMNT book that I believed was a low print run, can anyone tell me if they know the book I am talking about, it is a 1"-1 1/2" thick book with the cover having the turtles in B&W ON COVER AND WRAPS AROUNG THE BACK, no words or text on outside of the book. I remember getting it when it first came out but have not seen it anywhere. HELP! laugh.gif

Mirage Studios! 1984-88 one book first printing(just looked inside it carefully) it has never been opened before. I remember when I bought it the dealer/friend said there were only 3000 copies printed.

not sure without a picture....but it sounds like a reprint, if it has the date 84-88...should just have 1984 listed if it was the primo #1 first print. I'm not sure when the reprint were done. What's the size of the comic?...regular comic size or magizine size?

NO, but I can take a picture of it! I dont know how to add it to this forum but I can email it, or someone tell me how to put a picture here on the site so I know how to do it and I can put others in the future! THANKS

whoops, sorry-------

try agian, after you type in the Post area, go down, make sure the box that says :

"I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" is checked and click continue..

...then you'll see the "browse" button, upload there....watch your size

hope this works

My mate is a big boy, he can make his own choices. He certainly wouldn't come to me for advice as my knowledge of anything past 1975 is zip. Sent him the scans and he said he could flip them. I didn't tell him what Donut's went for.

His dime.