• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] LAST CALL! PRICE CUTS! You Might Find It!
5 5

429 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Superman #179 VG $5

image.jpeg

Superman #174 VG range $5

image.jpeg

Superman #169 VG- $5

image.jpeg

Lois Lane #61 would probably be a FN- but someone took to it with a black marker... Fess up, who's childhood is this?!? :sumo:

FREE with any purchase, just claim.

image.jpeg

Superman #284 FVF $5

image.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

80-Page Giant #13&14 in VG range $10

image.jpeg

:takeit:

Ok gang, that's all I've got for this thread. Thank you everyone; I hope it has been a lot of fun. I will now clean up today's earlier takes; we will leave this (and my copper/modern thread from the same collection) open another day or so before closing and getting PM's out to takers. Til then, this is your clubhouse for discussion of funnybooks and adult beverages! (thumbsu

2 hours ago, smithdatura said:

Supes 206 :takeit:also. Fun fact I discovered when I looked up this issue: the lead story was written by Jim Shooter and the second one features Mr. Mxyzptlk, one of my all-time favorite Superman "villains" (nuisances?).

^^ Thank you again, again! (worship) This has got to be fairly early Shooter; I read a long time ago that he began writing comics at age 13. But I got the second whammy recently when I read that his first professional work (I knew it was the Legion) was Adventure #346 -- four new superheroes in his first work, at age 13! How cool is that?