• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Auction...Consign your CGC Comics? What the...?

5 posts in this topic

Saw this guys auction on Ebay and he advertises that he wants you to consign your CGC comics to him....any takers? smirk.gif .......I don't really see the point why anyone would do this and his auction look pretty bland and can't see why his would have a great turnover....lollaugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2168189547&category=33816

COMGEEK is one of the premier comic dealers. He has a long list of clients that he buys and sells for. He also gets his hands on some amazing books. Don't be fooled by his current list of books as he found some huge stash of moderns that he bulk graded and is now selling on ebay. His comic book turnover is HUGE.

He sells a lot of books on consignment for his customers and also offers a discount on getting your books CGC graded through him.

You don't find anybody better than Steve in this business.

But why go through him when you can do it yourself cheaper?...I'm, assuming he gives the standard discount on CGC that the other comic sites do (ie -Monumental and Metropolis..both give a 20% discount) can it get an cheaper than that?) and wouldn't it be cheaper to run your own auctions? Why have an unnecessary middle man? Nothing agianst the man (although his auction layouts do suck) Hell, people want to waste there money, it's a free country,

To a lot of people running auctions on ebay is way too time consuming and too much of a hassle. Plus if I want to sell an high grade book I run the risk of minimising my return because I don't have a pedigree selling record on ebay. If a book goes out under COMGEEKS name then the interest is far greater and the returns are generally far greater (plus if it is a really hot book then it may not even make it on to ebay as Steve will ofer it to his regular clientele).

In terms of getting books cgc'd Steve often drives the books to CGC, gets them slabbed and returns. The turnaround time is greatly improved.