• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so i had some forumites over my place......

33 posts in this topic

I had a little art forums get together at my place yesterday. It turned out to be very nice indeed. Drummy, Alberto1975 and Niko were there....We had some lunch, got to swap stories about various dealers, droll over various collections (hari, bill woo, jim cardillo, etc....) and chit chat about everything from comic books to comic movies to which artists are good guys to which are not. - And of course we got to show off some art and i was mighty impressed with some of the stuff that was shown. Drummy (Dan) brought that amazing FF Treasurey cover and those killer IM covers....Alberto's Greg Land covers are like photos in pen and pencil and Nick's electic mix of comic art showcasing villians was alot of fun to see. -

thumbsup2.gifRob React and Spider9698 were no shows 893naughty-thumb.gif - but they let me know they weren't going to be able to make it....

overall, i really enjoyed myself and I really appreciate Nick, Alberto and Dan making the journey down my way.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for having us over, it was great chatting with you, Nick and Dan. Sorry I had to leave a little earlier than I wanted!

It was awesome to see that Frazetta piece, as well as those IM covers, that FF Treasury and all those other pieces. The food was great too!!!

Once again, thanks! It's sad though, because me showing you my pieces mean they are totally devaluated now, so I hope you guys enjoyed them at least wink.gif

Mike and his wife did a great job getting ready for the hordes. It was great to meet Mike in person finally and meet Alberto and Nick. Had a great time and look forward to meeting in person every few months or so to see how the collections are going.

Come join us!

Dan flowerred.gif

It was a blast to catch up with other OA fans. It was great meeting up with you guys, I had a blast, and hope to do it again.

Comics are awesome, OA rocks, love them both.

Nik

Hey Mike,

Thanks for having us over, it was great chatting with you, Nick and Dan. Sorry I had to leave a little earlier than I wanted!

It was awesome to see that Frazetta piece, as well as those IM covers, that FF Treasury and all those other pieces. The food was great too!!! THANKS ! - I LOVE THAT FRAZETTA PIECE

Once again, thanks! It's sad though, because me showing you my pieces mean they are totally devaluated now, so I hope you guys enjoyed them at least wink.gif

oh...right....okay, i'll give you fifty bucks for that now "worthless" Spider-man Land piece ! 27_laughing.gif

Hey Mike,

It was awesome to see that Frazetta piece, as well as those IM covers, that FF Treasury and all those other pieces. The food was great too!!! THANKS ! - I LOVE THAT FRAZETTA PIECE

oh...right....okay, i'll give you fifty bucks for that now "worthless" Spider-man Land piece ! 27_laughing.gif

No kidding huh,

gossip.gifI'll double your offer 27_laughing.gif

I had a little art forums get together at my place yesterday. It turned out to be very nice indeed. Drummy, Alberto1975 and Niko were there....We had some lunch, got to swap stories about various dealers, droll over various collections (hari, bill woo, jim cardillo, etc....) and chit chat about everything from comic books to comic movies to which artists are good guys to which are not. - And of course we got to show off some art and i was mighty impressed with some of the stuff that was shown. Drummy (Dan) brought that amazing FF Treasurey cover and those killer IM covers....Alberto's Greg Land covers are like photos in pen and pencil and Nick's electic mix of comic art showcasing villians was alot of fun to see. -

thumbsup2.gifRob React and Spider9698 were no shows 893naughty-thumb.gif - but they let me know they weren't going to be able to make it....

overall, i really enjoyed myself and I really appreciate Nick, Alberto and Dan making the journey down my way.

Sounds like you all had a blast. I'd like to do something similar in Chicago. I posted in Comics General about doing a group dinner at a downtown restaurant (similar to the Forum Dinner) but only got a handful of interested people. Which will work, but the more the merrier.

I like your idea of hosting it at someone's house. I could do that, as long as nobody minds having 3 great danes lounging about! 27_laughing.gif

Any Chicago-area forumites interested?

Kick [embarrassing lack of self control] page!

Did you get it from Tom at Fanfare?

Just wait til you get it, usually his pages look much better in person! Now we have to get another gathering going so you can show me that page!!!!

Came in today smile.gif scan does it no justice smile.gifsmile.gif