• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please help with feedback

12 posts in this topic

I am looking for advice on leaving feedback on a recent transaction.First book was a JLA 13. Seller gave it a book value of $220, implying it was NM. Book was a F+/VF-. Second book was a JLA 40. Seller implied it was NM, and again it was a F/F+. My problem is that I got the books for a great price.$25 for the two of them.I am happy with the transaction, but seller really overgraded the books. Had I gotten into a bidding war I would have been unhappy with this. What would you leave as feedback? Thanks, Bill

contact seller first....and ask for a partial refund...I'd list all the faults with the comic giving them there current grade and tell him that it doesn't add up to NM

Even if you got them for a great deal....you thought you were paying for NM not F...I just had a simaliar situation dealing with a Uncanny #139...seller agreed that his grading was way off and gave me a refund on the comic (I just paid for the shipping and kept comic) I left him great feedback for his fast service and great customer service

I'd say that since the guy didn't list a grade (only a "book value") it might be a bit harder to justify anything other than a Positive Feedback. But I might put what you thought the grades were in your feedbacks.

You did take a mighty big chance on them though!

I am happy with the transaction, but seller really overgraded the books

If you are happy with the transaction then a positive is in order....but you should also note the overgradeing in the description...

If you were unhappy with the transaction then you should have requested a refund upon your returning the books...then you would lodge the feedback based on that criteria...

Without sounding too preachy. The guy obviously had scans ????? The fact that you got them for $25 indicates that most people viewing the books could see they were not NM???? Let's face it the JLA are not some obscure second rate heroes, they are mainstream and get lot's of attention (especially for SA).

Can you show us the links to the auctions so we can judge how misleading his description was????

Plus here is a link to feedback I left for 1000000comix (I am jobillington@dc.com).

feedback

I just thought I'd mention it again since this guy came up..I bought an ASM 65 from them, it was a solid NM IMO..sent it in a month or so ago to CGC, came back a Universal 9.4

I was under the impression this guy was a undisclosed restoration scam artist from what I heard before??

Brian

I was under the impression this guy was a undisclosed restoration scam artist from what I heard before??

I was under the same impression from what I've heard through the grapevine. I think the risk is higher with Gold books, but isn't that always the case whoever the dealer may be?

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics