• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showtime's DEXTER limited series (TBD)
1 1

117 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, chrisco37 said:

It sure was.  I didn't expect that ending.  When you think about it though, that's really all they could have done and kept Dexter "likeable".   

Exactly! He set his son up for a clean break the best way he could.

But man. When the police chief went into the Dollhouse... WOW!

On 1/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, chrisco37 said:

It sure was.  I didn't expect that ending.  When you think about it though, that's really all they could have done and kept Dexter "likeable".   

On 1/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

Exactly! He set his son up for a clean break the best way he could.

But man. When the police chief went into the Dollhouse... WOW!

For me, it was the opposite - it shows that he was truly irredeemable and not likeable with the killing of Logan, a death that did not fit “ The Code” and that there was no way to save him and Harrison saw that. Dexter realized too late that Harrison did not in fact share his Dark Passenger and that his rage was due more to abandonment issues than having his own Dark Passenger.

That being said I loved the finale and feel that it was one of the best episodes ever. The chief finding the dolls was excellent.

Watched the finale last night with the wife. Really liked how they wrapped it up! I feel like this was much needed after the poor showing in the original series finale...which I felt was weak. The whole show is watched with mixed emotions, rooting for a serial killer of killers, but I think Dexter killing Coach Logan tipped the scales for me and the end was fitting...especially after he flashes through all of the 'innocents' that died because of him. Maybe not at his hand, but as a result of his actions. At that point, I was good with the ending. 

NOW, it'll be interesting to see if they call it done or try and do something with Harrison and maybe have Dexter as the "ghost" in his head. If I'm betting, I think they're done...

I watched it yesterday with my Mum. We've watched all eight series, and Dexter is one on my top five shows of all time. Something about that chap, and the supporting cast. A winning way. I saw Mr Hall in London on the way to a comic fair the other year - I think he was starring in a Bowie stage show. I called out something very boring and uninspired, as you annoyingly find yourself doing when caught on the hop, and he replied with gracious thanks. And that was that. A missed opportunity.

The final season was satisfying, if a little underpowered. It never reached the dizzy heights of the early seasons, but certainly surpassed the previous 'ending'. I'd have liked to see him speak to Angel before the end - just one confrontation with someone from the old school. 

A fitting end though, finding love for the first time in that last moment of sacrifice, but I will miss him. He's now filed away with Capaldi, Craig, Smith....

Dexter.gif.12e089074e20a1f407124e4c87eb739f.gif

On 1/15/2022 at 4:55 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I watched it yesterday with my Mum. We've watched all eight series, and Dexter is one on my top five shows of all time. Something about that chap, and the supporting cast. A winning way. I saw Mr Hall in London on the way to a comic fair the other year - I think he was starring in a Bowie stage show. I called out something very boring and uninspired, as you annoyingly find yourself doing when caught on the hop, and he replied with gracious thanks. And that was that. A missed opportunity.

The final season was satisfying, if a little underpowered. It never reached the dizzy heights of the early seasons, but certainly surpassed the previous 'ending'. I'd have liked to see him speak to Angel before the end - just one confrontation with someone from the old school. 

A fitting end though, finding love for the first time in that last moment of sacrifice, but I will miss him. He's now filed away with Capaldi, Craig, Smith....

Dexter.gif.12e089074e20a1f407124e4c87eb739f.gif

I thought Angel was going to be the one. 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:52 PM, Pitboss said:

I see IMDB changed it to a mini-series. Done. 

I definitely did not see that ending coming. Fitting end.

I read that the show runner was hesitant to show Hall the -script because of the ending, and he loved it.  It was also said if Showtime comes to them for more with Harrison, he would be glad to work on it. 

On 1/17/2022 at 11:38 PM, sd2416 said:

I thought Angel was going to be the one. 

Yes. A confrontation at least could have been quite powerful, the old catching up with the new. The reaction of someone who mattered.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:47 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. A confrontation at least could have been quite powerful, the old catching up with the new. The reaction of someone who mattered.

Yes.  When he said "im on my way" I thought ok, now its going to get interesting.