• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about CGC'ing comic with printing defect.

13 posts in this topic

Im looking at buying a silver age comic on ebay. However, there was a printing defect and the comic did not receive a bottom staple. If I send this comic to CGC, will this:

- Affect the overall grade? IIRC, printing defects dont, but I just want to make sure.

- Will this cause the comic to receive a qualified grade?

- Will this defect be listed in the "graders notes" of the CGC label?

Thanks for helping a newb out. hi.gif

Im looking at buying a silver age comic on ebay. However, there was a printing defect and the comic did not receive a bottom staple. If I send this comic to CGC, will this:

- Affect the overall grade? IIRC, printing defects dont, but I just want to make sure.

Shouldn't effect the grade. I've got an Iron Man #1 in the old label and it's noted with 'manufactured with one staple'. However, I'm not even sure they note that sort of thing these days... confused-smiley-013.gif

Shouldn't effect the grade. I've got an Iron Man #1 in the old label and it's noted with 'manufactured with one staple'. However, I'm not even sure they note that sort of thing these days... confused-smiley-013.gif

Nik,

Effectively, it shouldn't affect the grade at all . . . the effect of such a printer's defect does not affect the book.

Affectionately,

-d

Nik,

Effectively, it shouldn't affect the grade at all . . . the effect of such a printer's defect does not affect the book.

Affectionately,

-d

David, do you know any other words where the 'f' is quite heavily stressed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

'Cause I know two... thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Nik,

Affectionately,

-d

David, do you know any other words where the 'f' is quite heavily stressed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

'Cause I know two... thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

We've had this discussion before. Per Steve Borock, a silver age book manufactured with one staple can get as high as a 9.6. Books printed in 1980 or later get downgraded more harshly if they are printed with only one staple because it was far less common after 1980 for a book to be printed with only one staple.