• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you guys make of this?

27 posts in this topic

The trigger was pulled on my book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2168222830

Then I ran his bid history:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=y2son84&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

Seems he's made a lot of big purchases today. What do you guys think?

If it was my auction and they were my high bidder I would be worried about payment. The highest item they have made payment on is a lot of Ultimate X-Men for $78.00. While his only negative is for a $36.00 lot of books. Maybe he thought that the price wasn't USD but Yen. In that case they owe you around $15 USD.

Sorry Andrew I hate to tell you this but this really smells. From his previous buying habits he looks like he is located in the UK., he already has a NPB neg, he hasn't bought a book of any real cost or substance and then he goes and spends 10's of thousands in one hit.

Unless this guy just came into money, it looks like he has had a brain snap.

That's pretty much what I figure.

Well, at least there are other sellers in the same boat. If it looks like he definetly isn't paying, I'll contact the other guys and he won't be on ebay much longer.

If he dosen't pay, it'll just be an infuriating waste of my time.

If he's truly going to pay for it, I'd say he's fairly "unintelligent" with his bidding. Your auction has been up for what...4 days with no bids? And instead of using the minimum bid feature, he uses BIN?? Can't say that makes much sense at all..

Brian

And instead of using the minimum bid feature, he uses BIN?? Can't say that makes much sense at all..

I confess to doing this on ocassion if I miss a book. Of course, I usually hit BIN if it is below OS and since it is precode horror, below OS is a good thing.

Your auction has been up for what...4 days with no bids? And instead of using the minimum bid feature, he uses BIN?? Can't say that makes much sense at all..

it's called "impulse buy" brian. blush.gifshocked.gif

So you're assuming this guy checks eBay once every four days? Yeh..I'm sure he does a lot of buying.

Either way, it's not a smart move. Sort of like going into a store and telling them you'll pay 30 dollars for something listed at 19.99 smile.gif

Brian

So you're telling me you do a lot of BIN on books that have been listed for 4 days that have NO bids, and a BIN price of 300 dollars more then the initial bid? I see....

Brian

no, but if there's something I want and the BIN is realistic, I'll hit it. I don't have either the patience or the inclination to wait until the auction is over and email the guy if it hasn't sold. I don't think this price is that out of line, and if somebody wanted it, that's ok. The bigger issue is, who cares? If he doesn't pay, the book can be relisted in a month when everybody's buying books anyways. No worries at either end.

Well the initial question was "what do we make of this". I make of this that there's a decent chance the guy is BS due to the fact that who exactly does what I just mentioned? (with the exception of this guy, if he does in fact pay).

Brian

hate to say it but it looks like this cat is gonna be a NPB in my opinion. Lots of high dollar BIN stuff in the last day AND I don't know about you guys but when I drop the BIN hammer on one, whether its a day or four days in, I usually paypal right away as 1) i like the protection it gives me on higher dollar stuff and 2)usually i gotta move money especially for high dollar stuff so i use plastic sometimes and worry about payin myself back at the end of the month.

also it looks like this cat bought himself a 14000 spidey collection with a 42 @VF so now if he does pay... he has two 42s. good luck and i hope it all works well. I know if it doesnt you can file FVFC for your end value fee, but you cant get insertion fees back. and that kind of sucks about ebay. in this case (I could not see your opening bid or if you had a reserve) but im guessing the insertion fee was kind of high. ebay needs to adress that. otherwise its gonna stop alot of high end stuff on ebay and the bulk of the stuff on there will be 1.00 items with 10.00 shipping and what not.