• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are grading services and reholders shipped separately?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I am submitting some books for grading and want to reholder just 1 slab. I don't see an option to choose so that all books are sent back at the same time and would rather not pay for 2 shipping fees especially when the reholder service is 1 book. You can't even choose both services so I'm thinking they ship separately?

Screenshot_20201025-094727_Chrome.jpg

CGC will separate everything possible and charge shipping for each. Reholder is a separate invoice and therefore a unique shipping charge. They will even separate 2 books from same tier if one has a custom label added.

Their sole legitimate competitor will combine everything to save on shipping and has no $5 invoice fee per tier, so there are options. 

2 hours ago, Joosh said:

CGC will separate everything possible and charge shipping for each. Reholder is a separate invoice and therefore a unique shipping charge. They will even separate 2 books from same tier if one has a custom label added.

Their sole legitimate competitor will combine everything to save on shipping and has no $5 invoice fee per tier, so there are options. 

Yes, to re-holder at CGC is deceptively expensive.  Looks like it's just $15.  But, it's $10 to ship it, $15 re-holder, $5 admin fee, $15 return shipping. That totals $45.  You will save a bit if you are shipping multiple submissions to them in the same package.