• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need advice!

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I had a question regarding collecting etiquette.

I was interested in buying a piece of art about a month ago, but another member of the comicart-l community beat me to it, and the piece was put on hold.

I talked to this person a couple of times in the comicart-l chat, and he seemed real nice, and pretty happy to have gotten that piece.

Today, the rep told me that the person never closed the deal, and if I was still interested in the piece. I definitely am, but I don't know if I should jump at the opportunity, or if I should be nice and touch base with the guy who was supposed to get it first. My instinct is to touch base with my fellow collector, and make sure he really wasn't interested in the piece, and to make sure there was no misunderstanding... What do you guys think? Am I just being too nice?

Alberto

Ok,

Apparently the rep had given the guy until yesterday to close the deal due to personal reasons, and the guy emailed the rep yesterday to a secondary email address, so the rep didn't think the guy had replied in time because he didn't check that one email address...

I'm glad I double checked!

Alberto

PS I don't know, I still think I did the right thing smile.gif

Ok,

Apparently the rep had given the guy until yesterday to close the deal due to personal reasons, and the guy emailed the rep yesterday to a secondary email address, so the rep didn't think the guy had replied in time because he didn't check that one email address...

I'm glad I double checked!

Alberto

PS I don't know, I still think I did the right thing smile.gif

DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be laughing my arse off if you dont get the piece now !

All is fair in LOVE, WAR, & OA collecting.....didnt your mamma teach you anything ??????????????

All is fair in LOVE, WAR, & OA collecting.....didnt your mamma teach you anything ??????????????

Yeah, she taught me to have morals... confused-smiley-013.gif

I probably won't get the piece, but I'll survive, it's not that big a deal. I rather feel like I did the right thing.

Alberto

i have to concur with solar. the original comic art market is not that big. and what goes around comes around. no need to make new enemies.

if nothing else. you scored some point with that collector . and he may return the favor some day. and iam sure he may even give you first crack at it. if the peice is up for sale / trade one day.

larry ;]

Thanks for the support!

I really feel like I did the right thing, and that good karma is starting to come back.

Yes, I lost that piece, but the rep emailed me thanking me for doing what I did, even if I lost the piece, and he's offering me a discount on other pieces I was more interested in, which to me is a more important deal. Plus, I got the thanks from the buyer, who already sent me a couple of links to pieces for sale/auction that I am interested in that I wasn't aware of...

smile.gif

Thanks for the support!

I really feel like I did the right thing, and that good karma is starting to come back.

Yes, I lost that piece, but the rep emailed me thanking me for doing what I did, even if I lost the piece, and he's offering me a discount on other pieces I was more interested in, which to me is a more important deal. Plus, I got the thanks from the buyer, who already sent me a couple of links to pieces for sale/auction that I am interested in that I wasn't aware of...

smile.gif

Karma is a boomerrang that worked for you.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif