• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Authenticity?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Howzit, I am new to your website and a rookie at the entire world of collecting comics.  I have know someone selling an Amazing Fantasy comic which introduces the Amazing Spiderman, but all I have is a picture of the cover.  Is there anyway to tell the authenticity of it or if it is a fake or reprint?  I just can't imagine it would be real.  Sorry I do not have any additional pictures and I will not be able to inspect it.  Its a tricky situation.  Any comments or suggestions are welcomed... Mahalo  Kevin (taneets@ymail.com)

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Edited by Taneets
I found 2 additional pictures to add

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Looks like those wood pictures that are sold of classic covers....def not a comic, def not real.

Not to be rude but if you cannot tell that that is not a comic by looking at it, I don't know if this is the hobby for you....

Solid point.  If they are claiming that its even a comic (let alone  a real AF 15), you should report them to Amazon for false advertising (or some other rule violation)

Also for the OP, do not in ANY CIRMUMSTANCE pay more than $5 for ANY COMIC. 

If you have the money to throw around for an AF 15, you should know what the real thing looks like. A google image of a certified copy should be easy enough to find and take notes for an investment of that size. Hint: it won’t have a yellow border around it.

7 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

If you have the money to throw around for an AF 15, you should know what the real thing looks like. A google image of a certified copy should be easy enough to find and take notes for an investment of that size. Hint: it won’t have a yellow border around it.

Pro tip:  It also will be a comic book with paper pages not a wood/plastic composite rectangle with a wall hanger on the back.