• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First appearance of Asajj Ventress in comics?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also, I do not think that CGC notates her appearance on the label.

Yeah, I’ve been hearing that issue is where she first appears.  However, as you indicated, no mention on the label...🤔

3 hours ago, Comixroc said:
3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also, I do not think that CGC notates her appearance on the label.

Yeah, I’ve been hearing that issue is where she first appears.  However, as you indicated, no mention on the label...🤔

It's not always 100% accurate, but Comicvine is a good source for a lot of info: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/asajj-ventress/4005-46932/issues-cover/

Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu (2003) is listed as first appearance.

There's been a shift in collector thinking about Star Wars comics (and other comics based on other media, like Star Trek) that is more recent than a lot of the things CGC has noted in the past 20 years.  Very big names have examples, such as CGC still makes no mention of "first Captain Kirk in comics" or "first Spock" on Star Trek #1 (1967)... so I think Asajj Ventress is much lower on the disappointment (needs correcting) scale.  Collectors caring about it is the first step, collectors studying it to correctly identify the first appearances will be the next step, and eventually we'll get to CGC recognition.

Edited by valiantman

14 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It's not always 100% accurate, but Comicvine is a good source for a lot of info: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/asajj-ventress/4005-46932/issues-cover/

Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu (2003) is listed as first appearance.

There's been a shift in collector thinking about Star Wars comics (and other comics based on other media, like Star Trek) that is more recent than a lot of the things CGC has noted in the past 20 years.  Very big names have examples, such as CGC still makes no mention of "first Captain Kirk in comics" or "first Spock" on Star Trek #1 (1967)... so I think Asajj Ventress is much lower on the disappointment (needs correcting) scale.  Collectors caring about it is the first step, collectors studying it to correctly identify the first appearances will be the next step, and eventually we'll get to CGC recognition.

Ok, got it.  Thanks!