• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America 100 9.9
2 2

28 posts in this topic

Here's the discussion (link) prior to it going up on Comiclink almost exactly a decade ago (late 2010). Comicdonna, it is listed on Comiclink as sold for $150K.

The more discussions change over a decade, the more things stay the same!

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/203503-hulk-181-cgc-99/#comments

Colorado Comics who owns the Cap 1 9.9 on Ebay definitely have some big books. If you go to there website they have some not on Ebay, like their Fantastic Four #1 CGC 9.0. The owner has a book not listed for sale that's a whopper, Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 9.6. I've seen a photo of it, and it's a thing of immense beauty.

Edited by LDarkseid1

35 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

Scott is selling his AF15?  Where did you hear that?

All of his ridiculous run is in the registry along with that stunning book

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=674467

No if you reread my comment I said “not listed for sale”.

I got the same catalog from WFComics as well and bought a raw NF 1 and Submariner 1 I think for $100 or $150 a piece when going NM rate was $50-60 and they were tough sellers even then.  NF 1 graded a 9.8 and Sub 1 graded a 9.6, both White.  Brings back memories.  

On 11/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, namisgr said:

The translucency of the front cover is intensified by the microchamber paper underneath it in slabbed books.

I have been reading these boards for a while, and joined as a member so I could ask about this issue, since no-one else has responded to it.

Isn't it of concern that MCP is going to leach the colour out of covers after longer term storage? What would that CA100 be graded at now with a cover like that?