• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

I would be surprised if someone paid that much for it.

There are still deep pocket collectors out there that want to be #1. What if two of them see it and start a bidding war. Kinda like the Spiderman 9.8 on ebay that only had 4 copies and past sales around 300 and they bid it up to almost 3k.

Edited by scavas

no. :screwy: but best of luck to the consignor. :wishluck:

I'm going to take a wild guess,but by looking at the scan,i'd say that it would come back no higher than a 9.8 if re-subbed,which no-one would ever do.But,i'm just saying...i've seen nicer looking 9.8's.

Pretty sure i thought the same thing when i saw the Cap 100's in 9.9,and Ironman #1 in 9.9..they looked weak.

Even as a 9.8 sitting in a 9.9 case, it still, tops, worth only abut $50,000, with the shrinking value of the 9.8s.

But, hey, people can dream.

I thought this was funny:

"this singular example is definitively the most significant single comic book graded by CGC published in the last 35 years. "

Someone better buy Comiclink a calendar....Hulk #181 was published 36+ years ago.

;)