• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective #37
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, gals,

Im fairly new to collecting comics. So forgive me for my ignorance.

I wanted to know. Can somebody help with this? I have an TEC #37, Professional RESTORED. 6.5, graded by CBCS. I want to have it in CGC label. Is that a smart thing to do with this comic? Maybe undo restoration? Or just have an crossover restored grade?

This was done according the notes: Professional Restoration Includes: Small amount of color touch on cover,
pieces added to cover, cover reinforced, spine splits sealed, cover cleaned.

Probably stupid question, but can this be undone? All the way to the part that only the cover is cleaned is mentioned? Conservation label?

Or would it be smarter just to get an crossover to CGC?

+ funny thing is, it has an verified signature of Bob Kane on the 1st page. Was verified by Becket authentication services. Do you know if CGC is willing to make an photo of the signature so that they can send me the photo?

IMG_4620.JPG

CCF218E1-BCFD-47BB-AD20-CFEB73190BAA.jpeg

Edited by bbking88

My intentions are truly making this an CGC label, so is it like voldemort? LoL. He who must not be named (Harry Potter ;) . You can't even name or show an other brand even if your purpose is to make the comic an CGC label? 

And I did some research, cover cleaning yes, can't be undone, but a conserved grade can have cover cleaning right? So it could be unrestored to the point that only the cover is cleaned so that it could have an CGC conserved label?

Edited by bbking88