• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large size comic for grading - is it possible?

6 posts in this topic

I was looking to have my 1978 Superman VS Muhammad Ali large size comic graded and I did not see an option/add on for large size comics.

Do I submit it as a magazine or will this be incorrect?  I did want to have it encapsulated in a holder but I have been searching and can't find one already in a big CGC holder.

Sorry if there is a *duh* obvious answer but this will be the first comic I ever had graded.

Thank you in advance

for specific clarifications and the 'official answer' if you haven't found it on their website, no harm in contacting cgc customer service directly.  They have a phone number and email addresses.

So in saying that they don't slab Treasuries, does that mean they don't grade them as well?   

Because the grade could be "detached" or disassociated with the comic then it would not make sense...right?

Edited by Fabrosee

25 minutes ago, Fabrosee said:

So in saying that they don't slab Treasuries, does that mean they don't grade them as well?   

Because the grade could be "detached" or disassociated with the comic then it would not make sense...right?

Yes, you are correct. Once a book is graded, the next step is for it to be slabbed. A CGC book that is not slabbed would have no way to guarantee its verified grade, even if it is put into a mylar sleeve and an acid free board. Once it leaves CGC, they have no way of knowing whether it has been damaged in transit or in another manner.

11 hours ago, NoProbBob said:

Right, when I say slabbing it's more of a broad generic term meaning the whole process, grading, resto detection, encapsulation, etc.

I have several i'd love to get graded.  I have asked them and as others have said, the answer is no.

Take some good pics and put them on the spare a grade forum.