• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop... Ask no questions about any of my 507,000 listed items
3 3

183 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Again, as I've said, this is an issue that I thought you would want to know about, only because I didn't think it might affect your business, but because I have first hand knowledge of it definitely affecting it and the sale of a consignor's item(s). In this particular instance, it did happen. Non-communication policy on ebay had a definite effect. 

Many of my fellow forum members are not taking this at face value. It's a heads up. Meant to be constructive criticism. I have no issues with MCS. You're one of the few shining stars in the ebay void. I'm just reporting what happened due to a policy that may be ill conceived. Maybe not. Things work differently for different people. At that time, that policy didn't work for me because the listing was on ebay, I like the buyer protection ebay provides when on rare occassion I see something actually worth buying, and that's it.  

I hear all that loud and clear. 

I’m attempting to help you with the actual concrete questions you had that spurred the policy discussion. If you’re interested in that, I’m available to get you answers. 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

You know, I hate to be a stickler for details, but could you show me where that text appears in this ebay listing? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-6-CGC-9-0-1941-1273053001/133549265572?hash=item1f182812a4:g:9f4AAOSwZzNfiiBj

WOW that Cap 6 looks amazing...I could see a question regarding the graders notes or condition issues might be very relevant, but what nice book....

Edited by Mmehdy

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

You know, I hate to be a stickler for details, but could you show me where that text appears in this ebay listing? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-6-CGC-9-0-1941-1273053001/133549265572?hash=item1f182812a4:g:9f4AAOSwZzNfiiBj

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

WOW that Cap 6 looks amazing...I could see a question regarding the graders notes or condition issues might be very relevant, but what nice book....

Mitch raises a really good point.  Why bother even asking MCS on a book like that?  If I am spending 5 figures on a book I am buying the grading notes to see what it is all about from the graders themselves.  Graders notes would have more information than MCS can offer. 

10 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

You're okay with the eBay fees plus missing out on possible discounts because you think MCS will "drag their feet" on a botched transaction every time you use them? 

Ebay fees? For a buyer? When I buy there's no fee. And I didn't say MCS wouldn't handle it. Buying through ebay eliminates the possibility of loss. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Mitch raises a really good point.  Why bother even asking MCS on a book like that?  If I am spending 5 figures on a book I am buying the grading notes to see what it is all about from the graders themselves.  Graders notes would have more information than MCS can offer. 

Grader's notes won't answer my question concerning $23,200 worth of books for $22,500 as a bundle. 

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Grader's notes won't answer my question concerning $23,200 worth of books for $22,500 as a bundle. 

But if that's your question just call em.  No need for ebay to 'track' this conversation!!

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Ebay fees? For a buyer? When I buy there's no fee. And I didn't say MCS wouldn't handle it. Buying through ebay eliminates the possibility of loss. 

Except for the seller mind you, on loss, but just a perspective (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Are you still hoping to make this deal happen?  Because if so, IMHO every post on this thread is just creating more obstacles to attaining your goal.  I would take it offline for best results.  :foryou:

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I would have called them directly or gone through their website.   More wiggle room.

But I have to be honest here, guys like MCS, Anthony's Comic Art, Reece and the rest of the dealers that advertise on eBay are basically using eBay as an advertising space with the idea that you will visit their website directly for a discount upon your next purchase (instead of eBay) or with that very listing.  A guy who used to do some heavy selling here said that is why he would put as much contact information in the header on the eBay shop as possible without running afoul of the eBay rules.

I would have contacted them over the website or directly instead of dealing with eBay and save some cash. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I've only bought 1 book from MyComicShop it was a 5.5 ASM 15 and a seemless transaction. I have never tried to interact with them though, but if I know what I want and what I'm prepared to pay then it's all good.

Surprised this thread has gone 8 pages,

Come to think of it I'm not surprised. I've noticed a lot of people on this site seem more interested in drama and sour deals then good deals and easy going transactions.

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I would have called them directly or gone through their website.   More wiggle room.

But I have to be honest here, guys like MCS, Anthony's Comic Art, Reece and the rest of the dealers that advertise on eBay are basically using eBay as an advertising space with the idea that you will visit their website directly for a discount upon your next purchase (instead of eBay) or with that very listing.  A guy who used to do some heavy selling here said that is why he would put as much contact information in the header on the eBay shop as possible without running afoul of the eBay rules.

I would have contacted them over the website or directly instead of dealing with eBay and save some cash. 

That apparently would make too much sense.

31 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

mcs.png

30 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes, but that leaves it up to them to remedy. I like the fact that if I have a legitimate issue where something goes amiss and a seller is dragging his feet, hitting the ebay "dispute" link stops any foot dragging right in its tracks. 

12 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And I didn't say MCS wouldn't handle it. Buying through ebay eliminates the possibility of loss. 

I commented on your direct reply to MCS's Return Policy. 

9 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Ebay fees? For a buyer? When I buy there's no fee.

MCS is hit with eBay fees, so you pay more by using eBay. Use MCS's site, and eBay fees are not a factor- You save money. Possibly even more.