• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Krazy Troll

202 posts in this topic

You answered it yourself. I suppose "respect" is too strong a word, but now people are bothering to engage him in discussion where before they would simply have ignored him.

Unlike you my only intereaction with him is not based on this message board. His actions on this message board do not wipe away previous interactions even if they do alter my overall opinion. I cannot, in good conscience treat someone I know the same way I would treat someone I believed to be merely a trolling crank.

And also, maybe you missed it, but a large part of the animosity towards him was based on the fact that people believed he was lying about the quality of his collection. Since he DOES have a killer collection those people are forced by the power of reality to treat him at least somewhat differently.

confused-smiley-013.gif

As for him souring you on original art in general... that's a bit of an extreme reaction.

Maybe. confused-smiley-013.gif Regardless, he really isn't worth discussing (which was my point), so I will end the conversation here. thumbsup2.gif

You answered it yourself. I suppose "respect" is too strong a word, but now people are bothering to engage him in discussion where before they would simply have ignored him.

Unlike you my only intereaction with him is not based on this message board. His actions on this message board do not wipe away previous interactions even if they do alter my overall opinion. I cannot, in good conscience treat someone I know the same way I would treat someone I believed to be merely a trolling crank.

And also, maybe you missed it, but a large part of the animosity towards him was based on the fact that people believed he was lying about the quality of his collection. Since he DOES have a killer collection those people are forced by the power of reality to treat him at least somewhat differently.

confused-smiley-013.gif

As for him souring you on original art in general... that's a bit of an extreme reaction.

Maybe. confused-smiley-013.gif Regardless, he really isn't worth discussing (which was my point), so I will end the conversation here. thumbsup2.gif

Actually October,

I give you credit more so than the rest of the sheep. You are a clearly more critical/ analytical than the rest,..but considering I never 'came at you'...you were a dip to me. F-ed up...and UNCOOL !

KK

PS - You were used to come at me. Plain & simple. Baaa

Actually October,

I give you credit more so than the rest of the sheep. You are a clearly more critical/ analytical than the rest,..but considering I never 'came at you'...you were a dip to me. F-ed up...and UNCOOL !

KK

PS - You were used to come at me. Plain & simple. Baaa

What can I say? Your tireless anti-comic rants finally got under my skin. confused-smiley-013.gif Have fun with your newly won converts and apologists. tongue.gif

I think this is a very weak cover. While I've always really liked Adams work but I have not seen a cover offered for public sale that motivated me to pull the trigger due to the fact that I think much of his DC work was a bit corny like all DC work of the period. There are some great pieces out there like WO's cover with the werewolf. But when the great pieces come out they tend to be offered privately and priced higher than I value them. Guess I'm your typical Marvel guy.

as collectors we all need to remember that what we own doesn't change who we are.

hail.gif All too true, and well put. I think if most people realized this, then this thread--and the ensuing hooplah over krazy---would never have happened.

I could care less what the guy--or anyone else---owns or doesn't own, frankly. I enjoy seeing posts of cool books, particurlarly in the GA threads, and dialoguing with folks with similar interests. But I have never been one for the "look-what-I-have-and-you-don't" pizzing contest.

I'm also kind of amazed and in total agreement with Andy that krazy would get newfound "respect" once his identity and collection become known. We would still have two major points that would appear to me highly disingenuous:

1) Krazy said he wouldn''t post his art because it would "devalue" his collection. Now given the ensuing questions about potential litigation, I think we can safely say that there were--and are---other issues at stake.

2) From his earliest posts, it seemed painfully obvious that Krazy had a personal agenda in terms of shilling the "love" of original art. We can now conclude that he was doing such, as suspected, in order to bolster interest in his own goods once they come to market. Well gee, isn't that swell. yeahok.gif

So put me me in the "thoroughly unimpressed" column. I don't care if he's got a half-dozen Michaelangelos.

That's just it. KK has been spamming the boards like crazy...with the intention of garnering interest for his stuff when he sells. Totally lame, and against board policy I believe. yeahok.gif

This was yesterdays story. We are trying to move on, Beyonder. Just give it a rest already. All I was trying to say is "Mickey isn't a drawing of Mickey. The drawing is Mickey."

You mean "Now I've been found out, I'm going to try changing my persona from annoying, spamming jerk to semi-nice guy who has something to offer, even though I won't scan anything I own or even come out and admit what I own or who I am".

You're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. You always were an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and you always will be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I can't help but think that the-powers-that-be have some complicity here, as most posters with your personality receive a strike and instead you received a custom title. It will take a lot to make me believe that said powers didn't know there was more to you than the arsehole that met the eye.

Even now, you insist on referring to Gene by your made up trolling designation, rather than by his long chosen name on these boards. On any sensible message board, that alone would have garnered you some kind of warning.

sumo.gif

Dont I feel frickin' stupid ?

Starting from when you shave?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

893applaud-thumb.gif Hey, that's the first intelligent thing you've said since you've been here. Keep it up bunky.