• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh how the mighty have fallen

30 posts in this topic

Excellent restraint yet again grin.gif

This issue is dead... doooh! I mean TOPIC... dooohh.

Actually... after a $450 and $500 sale in Dec.... 2 more sold over $600 in Feb. I think. So, it actually rebounded a bit... (2) $600+ sales not bad. This guy's opening bid may have hurt him, although the way things have been going all around on Ebay, I bet it would have ended under $600. It just may have sold at $500+ if it had a chance to draw some attention and competition. smirk.gif Has DD 131 been beaten to death yet?

i think it was between $900-$1100

shocked.gif Great Scott! That is unbelievable! I need to find these so-called "collectors", and show em' what I've got, maybe I could get some serious cash for my worthless Moderns, you never know when one of these wealthy implulse "collectors" will have a wad of cash in their hands!! tongue.giflaugh.gif

Seriously, it doesn't look like a $500 bill to me either! laugh.gif I wouldn't give $100 for it, but that's just me... tongue.gif

I personally think around $300 is a fair market price for a DD 131 9.6, with maybe $100-$125 or so for a 9.4.

That's where I expect the issue to settle down at, at least until they trot out another sad-[!@#%^&^] DD movie. Then it's time to sell EVERYTHING and buy it all back when the movie tanks.

Yep, this is exactly what I believe both myself and "CI" were saying in the original thread about how "great" DD 131 is/was. This book just isn't that spectacular, man I wish someone would provide a link to that original thread. smile.gif

Brian

I personally gave you guys your props several times now (maybe even 4 times in different threads).. how many times do you need to hear that the (2) $900+ sales were clearly proven to be artificially high. Even still though, the book in 9.6 really has not done that poorly since... you have the data. I don't know how much stock you can put in this single auction with a high opening bid... plus doesn't almost everything besides Hulk seem to be sliding?