• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 9.8 - Hold?
2 2

54 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2023 at 5:44 PM, ygogolak said:

Again, I’m not saying the book should be $1,000, I’m explaining why some value it for more than cover price.

Your initial post in this thread in November 2020 shows no argument against the value at the time, which was around 1.5k, triple the price of what it was selling for at the start of 2020. You defended the character because he was in Ultimates 3. So three years ago you weren't opposed to the price, it continued to increase during the pandemic, but then the bubble popped, but there was no bubble according to you, or it was a different bubble because of the pandemic, the book continues to crater and you don't think it should be 1k, but again there was no bubble, so what exactly are you saying? 

The book was tremendously overvalued at the end of 2020, the original poster had a two plus year window to sell it for a profit, you gave bad advice, and the book continues to be one to avoid at current market price. 

On 11/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, darkstar said:

Your initial post in this thread in November 2020 shows no argument against the value at the time, which was around 1.5k, triple the price of what it was selling for at the start of 2020. You defended the character because he was in Ultimates 3. So three years ago you weren't opposed to the price, it continued to increase during the pandemic, but then the bubble popped, but there was no bubble according to you, or it was a different bubble because of the pandemic, the book continues to crater and you don't think it should be 1k, but again there was no bubble, so what exactly are you saying? 

The book was tremendously overvalued at the end of 2020, the original poster had a two plus year window to sell it for a profit, you gave bad advice, and the book continues to be one to avoid at current market price. 

I never commented on the price of the book until last week.

:insane:

On 11/5/2023 at 10:20 AM, ygogolak said:

I never commented on the price of the book until last week.

:insane:

If you didn't agree with the price of the book 3 years ago your response to someone suggesting it was time to sell wouldn't have been to deny the existence of the bubble.  

And the price keeps falling:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276131087316

On 11/5/2023 at 9:07 PM, darkstar said:

If you didn't agree with the price of the book 3 years ago your response to someone suggesting it was time to sell wouldn't have been to deny the existence of the bubble.  

And the price keeps falling:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276131087316

So because prices go up and down on a regular basis, that means the bubble for the hobby has burst? Collectibles do not have a flat price over years of time.

What kind of logic is that?

You keep moving the goal post as your comments are dis-proven.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:36 PM, a_p123 said:

I would only pull the trigger if/when this reaches $500 at a 9.8. 

IF it negatively breaches the psychological 500 barrier,  it will drop below 450 then 400.

Same of course applies to many books. The only question is if the 500 is  threshold breached.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/7/2023 at 8:24 AM, MAR1979 said:

IF it negatively breaches the psychological 500 barrier,  it will drop below 450 then 400.

Same of course applies to many books. The only question is if the 500 is  threshold breached.

Never heard that one....

Comics and collectibles just like stocks have psychological price barriers both upwards and downwards on prices...well perhaps a lot less than stocks but they do exist... anyhow i read about it in a trading card forum. Will post it here if i can find it...

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/7/2023 at 5:10 PM, MAR1979 said:

Comics and collectibles just like stocks have psychological price barriers both upwards and downwards on prices...well perhaps a lot less than stocks but they do exist... anyhow i read about it in a trading card forum. Will post it here if i can find it...

Well I didn't react to the post, been busy, but I can say for myself it is true. I've several hundred books and only spent more than $500 a total of 17 times. Out of 700+

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/13/2024 at 10:15 AM, fastballspecial said:

Nothing there to back it, but a lower print run. 
Biggest Hoax in the market. Paid $1 then hold it, paid more then that
sell it. 

What would you like to "back it"?