• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't be anonymous: Post your CAF gallery link here!

98 posts in this topic

Hi Lambert,

Thank you for the kind compliment. I've never been to any of the NY Big Apple comic shows but one of the board members was kind enough to get me a recreation of Detective Comics #38 by Ray Lago.

Best,

John

Hi John:

Ah, then that's why. I did see Ray starting your piece that day.

Yup, I am obviously a big DC fan, especially Batman and JLA. But, I was also a Marvel fan especially of the team books of silver age Avengers and Fantastic Four. Kirby FF and Buscema Avengers were my two favorites. Later, I loved Miller Daredevil and Simonson Thor. Unlike many collectors here and on the Comicart-L though, while I did read the X-Men titles, I just don't have the same nostalgic passion for the Byrne stuff.

Lamb

Hi Guys:

I suppose I should come out of my lurker mode and say "hi" to everyone. My name is Lambert Sheng and I've been collecting comic art on and off (mostly on) since 1986. I am a member the Comicart-L list where I've been "vigorously" lurking for a few years wink.gif I came over here when my good buddy Dave Matteini (DAM60) told me about this board. Now I see other friends such as Hari quite active here. I must say I've learned some things here that I didn't know such as "Online Posting Devalues Your Art." Imagine that! Who knew?!?! wink.gif haha! only kidding!

Anyway, by way of introduction, here's my CAF gallery.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=178

Thanks!

Lambert

Hi Lambert,

I have been familiar with you and your outstanding DC collection. Dave Mattenti and I have discussed it many times. I too am a big Batman fan and I look foward to hearing your input on here...Welcome -

Mike Shuley

Hi Lambert,

I liked Byrne's artwork especially on Untold Legend of the Batman. You probably read Batman: Son of the Demon w/ artwork by Jerry Bingham way back in the seventies, I have a page from that series posted on my comicartfans collection.

Take care,

John

Hi Mike:

I believe I remember him mentioning you before!

I am very envious of your GL Bolland and your Swan Flash Supes splash. goodness gracious! smile.gif

I really like that commission by Josh Medors. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know too much about him. What has he done? That is a very dynamic piece he did for you! kudos. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Lambert

Hi Mike:

I believe I remember him mentioning you before!

I am very envious of your GL Bolland and your Swan Flash Supes splash. goodness gracious! smile.gif

I really like that commission by Josh Medors. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know too much about him. What has he done? That is a very dynamic piece he did for you! kudos. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Lambert

Hi Lamert,

thank you so much for the kudos. I love that Superman splash too. The Medors piece is really impressive in person. He does work for Image , just not sure which titles. I think he's about due to break out.

Mike

I'm pretty new here, only recently found this board thru a link posted on the comicart-l list where I have lurked for years but here's a link to my gallery. Its all pretty modern work as I got into comics in the late 80s/early 90s and buy pieces from the books I love most, especially focus on collecting anything related to "Grendel" (my fav comic) -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2096

Hey Elizabeth!

I've always loved your gallery. Some great pieces that really appeal to me, as you might be able to guess looking at my gallery. The Zulli's are brilliant, and the Hellblazer cover is absolutely killer, as I'm sure you're heard 279 times.

Great to have you here! hi.gif

See you around,

Jonathan

Hey, nice O'Barr and Linsner pieces!!

thumbsup2.gif

I'm pretty new here, only recently found this board thru a link posted on the comicart-l list where I have lurked for years but here's a link to my gallery. Its all pretty modern work as I got into comics in the late 80s/early 90s and buy pieces from the books I love most, especially focus on collecting anything related to "Grendel" (my fav comic) -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2096