• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Ock role is cast for next Spidey flick

13 posts in this topic

According to the producers of the next Spidey movie 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Alfred Molina has signed on for the role of Doctor Octopus.

Molina is a pretty versatile actor so he could be a good choice for the role.

I wonder in the producers have told him that he will need to sport the good Dr.s trademark bowl haircut for a fews months. shocked.gif

It has also been said the director Sam Raimi is keen to use as many mechanical models as posible rather than CGI for Ock's arms.

Should be interesting...............

You know what may be Molina's best role to date?

He was the guy in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" who tried to screw Indy over in the opening action sequence escaping from the temple. You know, the guy who says, "Throw me the whip and I throw you the idol...adios, senor!" Well, I think his character got what he deserved in the end!

Gene

Mr. Molina played Angel in Maverick,that is correct.

He was also in Boogie Nights as the whacked out drug dealer that Wahlberg and company try to screw over.

But Molina as Dock Ock?

Nahhhhhhhhh!

Oliver Platt is the best man for *this* job.

"Got Vinegar?"

Molina has been in some stinkers but he was amazing in "Frida", the Frida Kahlo bio-pic with Salma Hayek.

Truly a tour-de-force acting wise, so he could pull off an insane Doc Oc...

I have also heard now that Doc Ock will be the ONLY villain in Spidey 2. The Lizard will not be appearing as previously rumoured. frown.gif

Well on a positive note...atleast they will be able to focus the full 2 hours on Doc Ock vs. Spidey cloud9.gif

Well on a positive note...atleast they will be able to focus the full 2 hours on Doc Ock vs. Spidey

True, and Ock can also reap the full benefits of the extra CGI budget. grin.gif