• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70s Marvel poster

8 posts in this topic

my guess is that this is a reproduction of that poster despite it saying "vintage" in the title:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMO-DEFENDERS-vintage-1978-BUDIANSKY-poster-Marvel-comics-pin-up-art-HULK-SS/233172084469?hash=item364a23a6f5:g:0BIAAOSwNXpcP4gk

It seems like there are tons of what appear to be reproductions of marvel and other comic posters on ebay. it is so easy to grab an image and have it printed professionally nowadays for pretty cheap.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

my guess is that this is a reproduction of that poster despite it saying "vintage" in the title:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMO-DEFENDERS-vintage-1978-BUDIANSKY-poster-Marvel-comics-pin-up-art-HULK-SS/233172084469?hash=item364a23a6f5:g:0BIAAOSwNXpcP4gk

It seems like there are tons of what appear to be reproductions of marvel and other comic posters on ebay. it is so easy to grab an image and have it printed professionally nowadays for pretty cheap.

Could be, but I doubt they’d go through the trouble of printing the back (Surfer logo), and “aging” the paper.

More likely just cut out of a low grade copy, but yes, keep an eye out for reproductions - they are all over eBay.

19 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Could be, but I doubt they’d go through the trouble of printing the back (Surfer logo), and “aging” the paper.

More likely just cut out of a low grade copy, but yes, keep an eye out for reproductions - they are all over eBay.

Thanks for the background.  I got this new in the late 70s but just can't remember exactly where/how.  Not looking to sell....was just curious as to the history.