• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells, or Why Can't We Just Give War a Chance
2 2

213 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Would you have any Yellow Claw, Jungle Action or Black Knight? Perhaps BA Horror :wishluck:

Wrong theme park, wiseguy. :hi:

Strange Worlds 20 1.5 $9 One of those heavily distributor-inked all around copy.  Cover split except for one inch above top staple.  Classic redo of U.S. Paratroopers #1 cover.  Wood art. Book is seriously scarce. If you have a nice copy, I am interested!  :news: SOLD!!!! :news:  

strangeworlds20.jpg?width=590&height=370 strangeworlds20bc.jpg?width=590&height=3

Edited by lizards2

True Comics 30 3.5 cream pages, $12.   Parachute cover!  Stain, tears, creases, but complete.  1943!

True30.jpg

True30bc.jpg

U.S. Fighting Air Force 9 IW, OW/W pages 8.5, $15.  ¼” crease @ LRFC, tiny dent @ bottom center BC.  Rust transfer from another book near staples on BC. Parachute cover.  :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

USFAF9.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=boun USFAF9bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bo

Edited by lizards2

Wings 75 3.0 crow pages $35. Chippy spine, chips off URFC & LLBC, 2” tear BC.  Parachute cover!!! Bought this from one of the better dealers on eBay as a 4.0, which probably shows that I don’t know how to grade in the lower grades. :news: SOLD!!!:news:
wings75.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bou wings75bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=b

Edited by lizards2

Wings 107 3.0 crow pages $25. Chips off LRFC and right edge FC. 1 ½” split @ bottom spine. FC has an iridescent sheen – failed cover reglossing effort??? Date stamp tattoo on girl’s knee – ouch. Parachute cover!!! Bought this from one of the better dealers on eBay as a 4.0, which probably shows that I don’t know how to grade in the lower grades. :news: SOLD!!!:news:
wings107.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bo wings107bc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=

Edited by lizards2

OK - I forgot my whiz-can, so break time.

Speaking of whiz-cans, who still remembers @cd4ever's epic Friday night threads? Booze was poured, booze was spilled, books were sold quickly, most were afraid to leave their station.  The were f'n epic :cloud9: , and I truly miss them. :sorry: 

3 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

What's with you pulling the rip cord on your parachute cover books? Moving onto a new fetish? lol

Nope - they are all undercopies.  However, I'm always interested in all the new pervie-stuff from the great white North!!! banana052.gif

With the U.S. Paratroops 3 5.0 OW/W pages $35. Spine wear, small tears BC, dark stain BC edge that goes into most interior pages – about 1” x ¼” at maximum. Arrival date written on FC.
USPara3.jpg

USPara3bc.jpg

That's it for the misc. war books. My Christmas war thread last year got wiped out of the misc. books.  And the Marvel books - who would have thought Sgt. Furious would be so popular?  Anyway, a full dozen of what I have left in Marvel undercopies..., coming up! :banana: 

Edited by lizards2
Last year, I was sitting on about 50 copies of Sgt Fury - what the heck? I never thought they would sell.

Sgt. Fury 3 5.0 ow/w pages $40.  Chipping @ edges, sunshadow bottom edge.  :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

SgtF3b.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=boun SgtF3bbc.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bo

Edited by lizards2