• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my ASM 298
2 2

17 posts in this topic

I'm debating sending this in to be graded and wondering if it is worth it. To my untrained eye it's in great shape, but I'd love to get some expert opinions. Thanks in advance!

(please ignore the ASM 301 at the bottom - I can't figure out out how to edit it out of the post)

1421270380_JPEGimage7.thumb.jpeg.1ab6ef666a29beb7f30ce85bf54d9f7e.jpeg1794239727_JPEGimage8.thumb.jpeg.8540f6f2bdd692ff59917919ee3fe0cf.jpeg125988831_JPEGimage9.thumb.jpeg.0b177b2f11dee6918526429ca857bf3e.jpeg22841723_JPEGimage11.thumb.jpeg.b880006466e9cea8036afdd376fdc71e.jpeg1034224672_JPEGimage10.thumb.jpeg.70fa8dd51200325f9f0c7c59793c2306.jpeg       

JPEG image 6.jpeg

Edited by TappanZee
to explain that I couldn't remove an unwanted image

12 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Why do you want to get it Graded/Slabbed in the first place?  Are you planning to sell it, or is this just for your own  'enjoyment'?

I'm thinking of selling. I have a long term goal of owning every issue of the FF, and I've recently become interested in buying original art, and both of those cost money. I thought I would liquidate parts of my collection that have less meaning for me, particularly high-demand books like McFarlanes, to concentrate on the things I'm more focused on. I've never sold a comic, so this is a bit of a change in philosophy, but I think it makes sense.

Well it doesn't look like a 9.8, so it's possible you could get more selling it raw?  I'd have to check the current market values!

It would just sucks to drop like $50 and 6 months getting it graded if you're only going to make an extra $10 or $15 bucks...  

What is the minimum added profit that makes it worth while to send a book in for grading?

Edited by StreetPreacher

29 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Well it doesn't look like a 9.8, so it's possible you could get more selling it raw?  I'd have to check the current market values!

My hesitation with selling it raw is that I have no credibility as a seller on eBay, so I'm not sure I could get full value for it. I know I would be reluctant to buy a comic from someone who has no history as a seller. I suppose I could try and consign it with a dealer, but again I would be leaving money on the table. I am open to suggestions!

Edited by TappanZee
spelling

4 minutes ago, TappanZee said:

My hesitation with selling it raw is that I have no credibility as a seller on eBay, so I'm not sure I could get full value for it. I know I would be reluctant to but a comic from someone who has no history as a seller. I suppose I could try and consign it with a dealer, but again I would be leaving money on the table. I am open to suggestions!

Everyone has to start somewhere. Just provide good images and let the buyer decide if they think it's worth it. Make sure to pack it correctly/securely, and you should have no issues.

A clean/press might help here.  8.5 afterwards...but a 9.0 isn’t impossible.  Finding toilet paper at your local grocery store, that might be impossible. (thumbsu

You could try selling it raw in the selling forums.  That’s what I do now...I closed my eBay account back in May.