• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page counts by Artist?

15 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

Mike's Amazing World has page counts for the hundred most prolific pencillers/inkers/artists.

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/creator.php?page=topcreators

That's quite a resource! I wonder how many holes it has. For instance, Bill Sienkiewicz' work on cover and interior art for New Mutants: War Children #1 (2019) is not included. Gene Ha's creator-owned series "Mae" has no entry. Colleen Doran's "A Distant Soil" series has no entries after #25 (1998) but is really up through #38 IIRC. Frank Quitely's list lacks JLA: Earth 2 and Jupiter's Legacy. Nick Pitarra has no entries for Manhattan Projects. Alex Konat has none for Eternal Soulfire. Jonathan Luna only lists five issues of Spider-Woman. 

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

That's quite a resource! I wonder how many holes it has.

I had a quick look at the Ditko listings and quickly noticed some glaring holes.  For example, no mention of his work on the 1950s anthology horror book, 'The Thing'.

14 hours ago, RBerman said:

That's quite a resource! I wonder how many holes it has. For instance, Bill Sienkiewicz' work on cover and interior art for New Mutants: War Children #1 (2019) is not included. Gene Ha's creator-owned series "Mae" has no entry. Colleen Doran's "A Distant Soil" series has no entries after #25 (1998) but is really up through #38 IIRC. Frank Quitely's list lacks JLA: Earth 2 and Jupiter's Legacy. Nick Pitarra has no entries for Manhattan Projects. Alex Konat has none for Eternal Soulfire. Jonathan Luna only lists five issues of Spider-Woman. 

Let me add that when I typed in "Phantom Stranger", I saw it ended in 1990.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:49 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

Mike's Amazing World has page counts for the hundred most prolific pencillers/inkers/artists.

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/creator.php?page=topcreators

thank you!   I thought I had seen something like this before.

I wonder how those rankings would change if we included mad magazine.

Would aragones end up in the top ten?   He's contributed to every issue for 60 years.

Edited by Bronty

36 minutes ago, Bronty said:

thank you!   I thought I had seen something like this before.

I wonder how those rankings would change if we included mad magazine.

Would aragones end up in the top ten?   He's contributed to every issue for 60 years.

How many pages did Aragones contribute to MAD a year?

Makes sense that the guys at the top of the list are inkers since they don't have the time-consuming work of layouts to contend with. I was intrigued but not surprised to see that Curt Swan slightly beat Kirby for total pages. DC kept him working constantly for decades.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, RBerman said:

50014141361_f96dc27de4_o.jpg.2d354dd4069f7ed4d7f441f89487f2b6.jpg

That in part is why I bought the Simonson LSH page on ComicLink this week. It looks different from his Thor work, but when will any of that ever be available in my price bracket? Plus I and my kid like LSH anyway, and it's an action page with four Legionnaires including Wildfire duking it out..

h0TBP0n.thumb.jpg.bdcb07505e235627b9ff329a6e077b98.jpg

I know my view on this subject is in the minority, but I think too much money is invested in the nostalgia of a page instead of the quality of the art. Don’t apologize for buying it; it is for you to enjoy not sell. You have a nice piece.