• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TNMNT #1 Price Question.

12 posts in this topic

For an idea, go on eBay and look up past sales

compare pictures and grades to match yours.

make sure you factor in fees and other costs like shipping or taxes

it makes a difference if signed raw or CGC SS or other certifications.  But add maybe $25 to $100 from the unsigned version

good luck

Edited by revat

Hi Revat,

Thanks for the response! I was thinking to get the comic graded too. Seeing as how you’re a veteran do you think I should go that route first instead of try my luck on Ebay? The comic looks to be in great condition and is signed by both the creators. It was given to me as a gift from them after having sent out for a pewter ninja turtle figurine and never receiving it. After pouting to my mother months later that I never got the figure she said I should write them a letter so I did. Then a few weeks later I received the signed comic in the mail. Pretty neat. Been sitting in the sleave since 88.

Thanks again.

UpintheShed

23 minutes ago, Up in the Shed. said:

Hi Revat,

Thanks for the response! I was thinking to get the comic graded too. Seeing as how you’re a veteran do you think I should go that route first instead of try my luck on Ebay? The comic looks to be in great condition and is signed by both the creators. It was given to me as a gift from them after having sent out for a pewter ninja turtle figurine and never receiving it. After pouting to my mother months later that I never got the figure she said I should write them a letter so I did. Then a few weeks later I received the signed comic in the mail. Pretty neat. Been sitting in the sleave since 88.

Thanks again.

UpintheShed

put it in the pgm page and they can gave an opinion in terms of grade and that can help you for grading or in terms of how much it is 

52 minutes ago, Up in the Shed. said:

It’s a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 3rd Printing from 1985 signed on the inside cover by both Laird and Eastmen in different pen inks dated 1988. Its in great raw condition. Going to get it graded soon.  

I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t get it graded, but just know that if you go w Cgc the signatures will not be authenticated and it will not be in the Cgc SS program.  And the book would be enclosed so physically seeing the signatures would be impossible.  

in fact, depending on Grade of book, size, and location of signatures, Cgc might actually downgrade The book from signatures.

so factor that into your math.  It’s not automatically worth it to get it graded.  I’d post pictures here first and seek advice.

I had them as guest at a convention in 1987 and they signed everything on the splash pages, not the cover so CGC will not knock the book down for that. You will get a blue label that notes that the names are written on the front page, but there is no way of knowing who wrote them. I think I would not slab the book if it were mine. 

Hey @Up in the Shed.,

Revat’s advice above is bang on. 

I’d post your pics in the following subforum and ask for help grading it: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

The boardies who lurk in that subforum will advise and also suggest whether it would be worth giving it a press to help flatten out some of those bends and waves.